*Calling all runners: Running in a 10k!

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Hi everyone!
frow.gif
If anyone here often runs or used to run a lot (track and field, cross country, road races, etc...), I would appreciated if if you could offer some advice for me.

I'll shorten it up...Basically, I have a little less than 2 weeks to get in shape for a 10k road race. I procrastinated and put it off until now and now I need to get in shape for it. Any ideas/advice on how to do so? I'm not actually training to race in it, but I'm going to use it as a hard workout day so that U don't peak or wear myself out before cross country pre-season starts (which starts a week or so after the race).
I went for a quick 2-mile run yesterday, and I plan to run with some of my teammates from the cross country team tomorrow. What else could I do in the next 2 weeks that would help me?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Its a bit late to start training now.I would go for a 2-3 mile run 3 times a week until race day and hope you can finish. Even if you need to walk out the last couple miles...you still finished. I am currently returning to running after a slow healing knee injury and will eventually get back to 35-40 miles a week running 4 days. My favorite distance is the half marathon my best time is 1:29, not bad for a guy over 50...LOL

Quote:
I know, I know...I shouldn't have put it off until now.
hmm.png
roll.png
Although it's not as bad as it seems, because even though I didn't run on a specific schedule/routine, I'm usually pretty active during the summer, like swimming and other sports.

It should be fine though...A couple years ago, when I had just started running in cross country and barely did any running at all, I ran about 6 miles without stopping. And that was before I had barely any experience with running at all.

Hey guys!
frow.gif
The 10k went great; it was kind of humid and hot out, and it was definitely a challenge, but I at least finished. My time was 1:02:01, which I'm fine with, after all I didn't really train for it and I was pretty much running it for fun. All in all, even if it didn't seem that great when I got about halfway through and thought, "Why am I doing this?!", it was a great experience running with about 7,000 other people, despite the fact that I was extremely sore for a few days afterwords.
roll.png

Well done to have finished that race with so little training-- a testament to the fact that you must be in excellent physical condition.
clap.gif

Can someone tell me what the "K" means?? Is it miles?? So you did a 10 mile race??
ep.gif

I cant get 10ft down the road before i get out of breath...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom