Calling all Silkie people. Please help evaluate my young silkie roo? Update page 5

Hens can and will crow (not all, but some), on occasion, but regular crowing likely indicates damage to the producing ovary (most only have one functional ovary), and/or a lack of a rooster in the flock.

Thank u Sonoran Silkies for any advice u can give. I have seen some of your post and some of your flock and I have to say u have beautiful silkies. U really seem to know what u r doing and i highly value your opinion. So lets say it is a roo. Is he too young to evaluate and I know he may not even compare to yours as an adult but would u keep him back as a show prospect or at least maybe a breeder? I figure u have seen enough at this age to have somewhat of an idea about what the future may hold for him.

Last edited:
Awsome thank u. I plan to post some more pics once he gets some age on him. I am only planning to do some local shows and think it will b fun as a father son project. I would def like your opinion when he is older and looks more like a roo

Well everyone who sd he was a roo pat your self on the back. U were right!!!!! I know they can b difficult to tell but I always thought he was a roo. He is still crowing and is mateing now. Now that he is older I would still love your guys opinion to whether it would b worth my time to try showing him or not. He looks a bit rough but is still filling in shedding his juvenile feathers and growing in his adult feathers. Well told u guys I would update pics as soon as he was older. Please let me know what u think?

Back
Top Bottom