Calling all veterans and family members. Allies too.

I think sometimes when something pops up with recent posts, we forget to look at the OP date. I know I didn't look, but with Veteran's Day coming up Saturday, this is a good time to remind people that our freedom is paid by a VERY high price, and to thank God for the men and women and their families who are willing to pay that price.

Quote:
I thought Flag day was June 14th.... I always get my mom's birthday confused with it because her's is 6/16....

Your sentiment is honorable. I have a son in law in Iraw right now, does that count? HI Y'ALL.

Flag Day is June 14th. Did you see the post date?
wink.png

Oh. duh.

“We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on earth, peace, security, liberty, our family, our friends, our home. . But when we look at our flag and behold it emblazoned with all our rights we must remember that it is equally a symbol of our duties. Every glory that we associate with it is the result of duty done.” Coolidge, Calvin

Athena...
United States Air Force, 1980 - 1989
Currently a civilian assigned at Balad AB, Iraq!

From one vet to another...
Hooooah!!
Thank You ALL for your service, Happy Veterans Day!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I didn't really know my uncles. One served with the Marine Corps in Korea. He survived the Chosin Resevoir and after that always felt bad because he survived when so many others did not. I understand that it is a pretty common thing for the survivors. I did not know about his being there until I attended his funeral.

Another uncle was at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed. He is now suffering from Alzheimers so I will never be able to talk to him about his military experiences. All I have is a copy of a letter he wrote about his experiences.

Jim,

You are the most patriotic hippy I know of. Thanks.

Quote:
I didn't really know my uncles. One served with the Marine Corps in Korea. He survived the Chosin Resevoir and after that always felt bad because he survived when so many others did not. I understand that it is a pretty common thing for the survivors. I did not know about his being there until I attended his funeral.

Another uncle was at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed. He is now suffering from Alzheimers so I will never be able to talk to him about his military experiences. All I have is a copy of a letter he wrote about his experiences.

Jim,

You are the most patriotic hippy I know of. Thanks.

your very welcome !!!!!
and it is me and my family, that owe you all our THANKS
not many people put their lives on the line just ta keep us hippies safe
smile.png

THANK_YOU ALL

Jim & Family

not a 'greenie', but my mom works for TACOM, Tank Arsenal in Michigan.

she is civilian, but she makes sure guys have the right equipment. she orders everything from Jeeps to i think right now, tanks for removing 'bum bombs'.

without these people behind our enlisted men and women, things would not be done.

Thanks, Mom for serving my country and not being recognized! I love you and am proud. and thanks for all the tank rides, too!
wink.png

CSM US Army Retired, 25 yrs service, spent time with the 82nd Airborne Div, 5th Special forces group, and later with the MLRS, artillery. Desert Storm vet, and Nam.

AL

My father served, my DH served, my nephew is serving (presently on third tour in Iraq). I thank each and every military member. If you see one please thank them you'll never know how much it actually means to them.

Back
Top Bottom