Calling all veterans and family members. Allies too.

Yes, I am a Quaker, therefore a pacifist, but I am also related to five U. S. presidents, including President George Washington, who is my Great Great Uncle 10 generations back (his mom was Mary Ball, my grandmother was Patricia Ball and we are all related to "The Immigrant" Col. William Ball of Lancaster, Virginia). If anyone served his country to their fullest, it's my Great Great Uncle George.
smile.png

Thank you folks, for serving our country. I love America!

Quote:
Sorry, to jump on this. But every vet and soldier that ever served this country honorable , served their country to the fullest too. They all do and did one thing ... their job.

My DH: Marine
My Dad: Army
Both my Brothers: Air Force
My Grandpa: Air Force
1 Uncle: Marines
Another Uncle: Army (I believe)
Cousin Katrina: Navy
Cousin Brandy: Air Force
Cousin Jack: Navy Officer, graduate of Annapolis
Cousin Ray: Air Force
MIL: Navy Nurse
FIL: Marine, retired after 20 years

I come from a big military family. The only people I know of on my dads side that have not been in is me and my sister.

My grandpa is buried in the Middle Tennessee Veterans Cemetery. Here's some pictures. In the first picture you can see all the way in the background a round building. We stood outside that building when they did the 21 gun salute.
Click this link for picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/randyblaylock/2485439668/

1564_2468283156_412ba760e3.jpg

Last edited:
Never heard it before and really do doubt it,but if DHS says the Coasties are not a military service, shame on them. I am not and never was a "Coastie", but I do know they fought and died in Nam and if you'll check you will see they have fought in many wars, including the Persian Gulf!!!! Just my .02 worth!

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, I should have said something along the lines of -- despite the Department of Homeland Security stealing the Coast Guard from the Department of Defense the Coast Guard is still part of the armed forces.

DC, alot of us have served so you can be a Quaker. Keep loving our great country.

Last edited:
My dad is a veteran of the US Army. It was before I was born, so I don't have all the details.

If I understand correctly, he was serving in (formerly) West Germany in what would have had to be the mid to late 1060's.

My dad was born in West Germany in 1947. He lived in an orphanage for a while and was adopted (along with his sister) by an American military family who was serving in West Germany when Dad was 8 years old. I think it was important to him then, as a young man, to get back "home."

He really hoped to meet his biological mother again, but he never did. He found out she passed away several years ago. However, he did get to meet some of his other German relatives (cousins and things.)

Weird coincidence: Daddy's dad was a U.S. serviceman who was serving in West Germany in the late 1940's (made a baby and left.) And when daddy was serving in West Germany, he supposedly left a baby there, too.

Cassandra
PROUD FIRST AMERICAN-BORN of the family

Thank you to everyone who made it possible for me to be here.

Proud Military Family

Grandfather: WWII - Army Air Corp, same squadron as the Enola Gay
Father: Retired Maj. US Army
Mother: US Army
Myself: Jun 2001 - Sept. 2007 US Air Force

Husband: Army National Guard, Apr 1999 to present, has missed deployment due to changing units for my Active Duty career, but he'd go in a heartbeat if called on
BIL #1: US Army Reserve JAG Off
BIL #2: Was Army National Guard

Thank you to all the Vets. It's because of them my family lives in a Free Country.

Hubby, US Navy and 1st Gulf War vet
BIL US Navy and 1st Gulf War Vet
3 Cousins in Australia, all serving in the Aussie Army and 1 Air Force
My Maternal Great Grandfather, British Army WWI and WWII
My Maternal Grandfather, Red Baret British Army WWII
My Maternal Grandmother, English Land Army WWII
Uncle, 30+ years serice to the Aussie Army
FIL, US Army
Hubby's Grandfather US Army

I know there are more but those are the one off the top of my head.

From http://www.uscg.mil/top/about/
Get to Know Your Coasties!

The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a military branch of the United States involved in maritime law, mariner assistance, and search and rescue, among other duties of coast guards elsewhere. One of the seven uniformed services of the United States, and the smallest armed service of the United States, its stated mission is to protect the public, the environment, and the United States economic and security interests in any maritime region in which those interests may be at risk, including international waters and America's coasts, ports, and inland waterways.

That being said, Served USN '83-'88 7 patrols on Boomers Alexander Hamilton SSBN617, and Lewis and Clark SSBN644. "There are two types of Ships in the navy SUBS and Targets"
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom