calling any one from missouri

I think my pullets are 20 and 21 weeks. Fingers crossed they will start laying soon.....

What breed are they? The Cinnamon Queen is a hybrid so they start laying sooner than a heritage breed will and lay more eggs.

I have 2 hens that are still laying some are molting, some have been sick in the past so they get a free room and board because they are my pets.

JT

What breed are they? The Cinnamon Queen is a hybrid so they start laying sooner than a heritage breed will and lay more eggs.

I have 2 hens that are still laying some are molting, some have been sick in the past so they get a free room and board because they are my pets.

JT
you know, they're the Sprights, the Spitzhauben-Sebright cross. And there are 2 Spitzhauben pullets in there too ....
I have had May hatched chicks before that didn't lay before spring because the days got too short before they reached point of lay.
a.jpg

you know, they're the Sprights, the Spitzhauben-Sebright cross. And there are 2 Spitzhauben pullets in there too ...

I didn't know if you had some other birds as well. They sure are pretty birds!

My Cinnamon Queens hatched on April 29th. Oddly my Rhode Island Reds hatched on August 16 2017 and the day before Christmas I found 5 eggs. The first egg was found in a bucket of gravel on December 20th.

JT

Last edited:
35 here this morning, clear and sunny. I've been getting several pullet eggs "they are such cute little eggs lol" from my oldest group of pullets. They are 5-6 months old.
what breed(s) are your pullets?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:fl I hope I hope mine will lay! This sunny weather will help....

what breed(s) are your pullets?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:fl I hope I hope mine will lay! This sunny weather will help....

Black Sumatras, Iowa Blues, Silver Phoenix, Salmon Favorelles, Swedish Flowers, English Buff Orps, WFB Spanish, Spangled Russian Orloffs, Black & Partridge Brahmas, Silver Spitzhaubens. I know the Iowa Blues are laying maybe some of the Swedish Flowers too. There are 99 pullets in this pen. Well 91 now, I culled out 8 yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom