calling any one from missouri

Quote:
We were there
frow.gif

Agreed, it was definitely like a huge garage sale! Did it used to be different? It was our first time being there.

We successfully found a buyer for our extra roos, and got a pygmy-ish goat, just like we wanted
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Wife and I attended on Saturday. This was our first time but I agree, it was a large yard sale. For it being an animal swap meet, there were few animals there but just what you'd expect for a regular swap meet.

Has anyone ever attended the Legg Peafowl farm extravaganza? We purchased silkies and showgirls from him a month ago. Planning to attend and see his set up, plus all the beautiful birds he raises. Looks like an interesting day, especially if you are into Peafowl.

Link for anyone interested - Legg Peafowl Extravaganza & Farm Tour. They are located north of Kansas City between Liberty and Kearney.

edited to clarify, he doesn't just raise peafowl, but a large variety of birds and other animals.

Last edited:
Hi everyone~
Was wondering if you guys would be so kind......to give me an idea on what to charge for eggs,the girls are getting ahead of us and I can't stand to see them go to waste..so I'm thinking about going into the egg business (help with feed prices too
wink.png
) thanks for the help ...

what's kickin´chicken :

Hi everyone~
Was wondering if you guys would be so kind......to give me an idea on what to charge for eggs,the girls are getting ahead of us and I can't stand to see them go to waste..so I'm thinking about going into the egg business (help with feed prices too
wink.png
) thanks for the help ...

I'm located in St. Charles County outside St. Louis, and I'm selling my pullet eggs for $3 ($4, if I can). After the first molt and the eggs get bigger I plan on selling them for $4. Just like crafters shouldn't undersell their goods, neither should chickeneers undersell their eggs! Besides, organic free range eggs in the grocery store around me are between $3 and $4 right now, so I think that's more than a fair price for happy chook eggs!​

Quote:
I'm located in St. Charles County outside St. Louis, and I'm selling my pullet eggs for $3 ($4, if I can). After the first molt and the eggs get bigger I plan on selling them for $4. Just like crafters shouldn't undersell their goods, neither should chickeneers undersell their eggs! Besides, organic free range eggs in the grocery store around me are between $3 and $4 right now, so I think that's more than a fair price for happy chook eggs!

thanks for the help ... I wanted to ask you guys, my Missouri peeps..... to get better idea about "our" prices

Quote:
Thanks! They are only about 15 minutes from me, and 5 minutes from my mil ( she lives off 291 and A). I think I'll be there. No peafowl for me, but I am wanting a showgirl or 2. And if I can talk hubby into going and seeing them I know he's going to want one too.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom