calling any one from missouri

After midnight, still no power. Ameren is now saying by 3am. Nothing else I can do so I'm going to bed. Temp is in the low 90's with the hot water bags inside bator. It's unplugged so no surprise turning on if the heating element! Propane heater should stay on all night... Guess I'll get up about 330 just to see.

Night all!!!

Last edited:
After midnight, still no power. Ameren is now saying by 3am. Nothing else I can do so I'm going to bed. Temp is in the low 90's with the hot water bags inside bator. It's unplugged so no surprise turning on if the heating element! Propane heater should stay on all night... Guess I'll get up about 330 just to see.run a hot shower will raise the temp and up to atleast 120 if you run strait hot for 20 min then don't open the door till ur 330 wake up should keep temp up

Night all!!!

Storm missed us it seems.
Last night though apparently wind tangled with the barn door. Lil country boy attitude ad a barn ckeaner (mini skidsteer 30" wide bucket. Have it close but the runner rail is twisted, so I can't open the large door.

Finished the 3'x5' brooder the wife framed. Could be better could be alot worse (You should see some of my constructions). Went to check out a Craigs list ad other day and guy "Wanted to get out of the chicken biz" and wanted new price for old supplies. Had a brooder 10+ years old 4x8 and wanted $40 for it Thats all he payed origanally for it. That irritated the wife, LOL. So she built 1.

He was asking $10 for all birds, hen or roo, and were all cross bred for sexlink. Wife insisted on getting a roo, now she wants a flock like him
he.gif
now I need a Light Sussex hen, or a very neutral bird. Last option is 3-4 years of intense breeding. He can get me back RIR strain though mating with mine.

Anyway GL on the hatches. Hope power comes back. My last hatch (And 1st in 2 years) I lost power for 6-8 hrs and temp in bator was down to 60's. Still hatched 24/42. So hopefully you will fair as good or better.

Hoping my next hatches (4 counting a broody hen) I am hoping to fair better myself. Espeacially the guineas and duck eggs when I set them.

After midnight, still no power. Ameren is now saying by 3am. Nothing else I can do so I'm going to bed. Temp is in the low 90's with the hot water bags inside bator. It's unplugged so no surprise turning on if the heating element! Propane heater should stay on all night... Guess I'll get up about 330 just to see.

Night all!!!

Its 6:40 am and I know you are probably sleeping, but we need an update! Are you working today?

Power came back on at 230. Ran downstairs pulled out the bags plugged the bator back in. Went out to check on the broodies...

Checked the bator at 630. Temp 102. Humidity 50 something. Now it's at 100 and 47... Got to get kids to school and head to work so we'll see where it ends up.

Power came back on at 230. Ran downstairs pulled out the bags plugged the bator back in. Went out to check on the broodies...

Checked the bator at 630. Temp 102. Humidity 50 something. Now it's at 100 and 47... Got to get kids to school and head to work so we'll see where it ends up.

Oh what great news!!!!! Going to be a long day at work huh?

Back
Top Bottom