calling any one from missouri

It did run through my mind if they were hungry. Then again....
If they can afford a "summer place" it's not that they are hungry.

That and if they were simply hungry, they wouldn't vandalize her property and livestock (spilling the feed could be considered vandalism but not sure about putting rabbits together for breeding because what if the doe needed to rest, had a defect, or any other number of things that could have harmed/killed her rabbits by giving birth at an unexpected time - I'm sure there's a name for that).

I hope Jellybelly gets this resolved. Hopefully the sheriff's dept. will take her complaints seriously and will effectual convey the "cease and desist" to the neighbors. That is one to the few times I'd like to be a fly on the wall to hear that conversation.

CG

Anyone have Rhode Island Red hatching eggs for sale in the Rogersville, MO area? Or, does anyone know someone who has them. I've tried craigslist and no luck so far! I want them to be purebred, but they don't have to be show quality.
I'm in Springfield, MO, 5-6 days a week.
I'm only wanting to pick eggs up, not interested in shipping them.

Thanks you!

EdenCamp you are to funny But I had Same Idea they want eggs I will give them some that have been baking in the inky for little bit see how they like that. Im with you if they have a summer home they are not lacking and needing the food. It really sounds like some spoiled kids rebelling.

lau.gif
That is just too funny. Well we just got done talking with the Sheriff because they hit again only this time since the door was locked they tore off some the barn siding and crawled through that way and went ahead and took three of the quail this time as well as the eggs. We had to order a camera because every around here is sold out of them. And no they don't have a summer place per say. They live in a pull behind trailer and the property is owned by a family member of theirs. It's funny though because they have a pony so I wonder if someone is missing a pony around here. So now we are down to 2 males and 6 females and a messed up barn. I'm just thinking that there are people that have free range chickens or coops that don't lock why on earth would they go through all that trouble to get to our quail? It makes no sense to me at all. I mean we are planning on giving extra eggs to the local food pantry if we can get our flock built up and we help out at the local food drive every month if they need food all they have to do is ask and not steal it. We did manage to get a couple of eggs that I am assuming were laid after they came to collect their eggs and quail for the day.

The Sheriff did say with out actual proof of who it was that broke into the barn he really could not accuse someone so he said he would put it on file and when we got the cameras to let him know if we got pictures and he would then talk to them about it. He did say that we can put up signs to warn people that there are guns on the property. He said that usually really does nothing to stop people like this though. As far as the rabbits go we are on a very strict breed program and we try not to breed in July or August because they babies will over heat and die unless we bring them and then it is usually too cold in the house for them so we have to be very careful with where we put them and everything. If you don't know about breeding a rabbit it can be deadly to them because last year some of our rabbits that they bred were already bred, rabbit have a double uterus which means that they can be carrying two different litters at once. We had several that delivered half formed babies because we had bred them and then when they bred them it was half way through their first breeding. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but it is a big mess to clean up and it can harm the rabbit.

Well it is metal siding so I imagine they got cut up a bit to. The Sheriff asked if it was possiable the birds got out by them selves so we showed him that we have quail in another cage and told him they are full grown and then we showed him that there are two hooks that you have to push in and pull up to get the door to open. Then we said the eggs wouldn't be able to do that even quail could figure it out. He just laughed and said well I guess not. I know it was a question he had to ask and rule out but we couldn't help but be a little smart with him on it.

Back
Top Bottom