calling any one from missouri

I'm in Missouri, between St Louis and Columbia, small farm. Always wanted chickens, finally got some and I'm hooked. I am so amused by my "Balk Balks" had no idea how charming they would be! Glad to know I'm not the only one who adores them. I thought I would get eggs, I had no idea I would end up with egg laying pets!

Welcome to the MO thread and the wonderful world of chickens. Enjoy your "egg laying pets"! LOL

CG

Welcome to the MO thread and the wonderful world of chickens. Enjoy your "egg laying pets"! LOL

CG
Welcome!!
If i dont half the time quote the wrong person!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Did someone here in Mo want legbars?
Someone asked me... forgot who..
Someone is selling some on Facebook Swap MO think near STL but could be wrong

My dh now has a FCBM trio! And little does ge know I have 2 baby rocks in the bator for him...
wink.png

I didn't tell him because I've decided to not count my flock until they are adults! I've lost too many chicks and juvies this summer. Juvies just disappeared after free ranging all day. I think they got lost in the tall grass.

But I have Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons now!!! A trio and 2 juvies... Will start aellin eggs in a few weeks or so. Is there anyone in MO that would be interested??
Lemon cuckoos are on my" want" list....next spring maybe. Are you going to sell eggs? or chicks or both and where are you?

Need someone in SE Mo or STL area to take my gold laced Brahma hen and sliver laced Brahma roo.! $20
She lays
They are very close and very very docile but Need to be together
Devoted to each other .

II need to sell them as I let them free range with my other chickens lately and they are VERY standoffish Always like that when young too .
Had 3.... one died last spring of not drinking or eating with others chickens near even though food and water were a foot away but in a small run .
Never came out of the coop.
Had to remove them when a second almost died of starvation Gave them their own small run they are much for foraging either .Stay pretty close to the coop

Wonder if anyone was just trying chickens and might want them for eggs and pets and could have them alone together?
They are GREAT for beginners as they are so so sweet.but BIG
. VERY winter hardy
The poor hen is getting jumped on by other roos now is hiding under a piece of leaning wood to keep away from the others but not out by food or water so im worried
she will starve like one did when they were 4 months old.
They are just at a year old now.

Their coop is too small for them now too and i need to pare down so they should go if possible.

hey I will take what I can get lol do you have any pics of mom and dad by chance or idea on colors or creast don't really matter as long as they are pure blooded thank you so muxh now for the real questions how much lol
They are from KYTinpusher here on BYC! Her birds are gorgeous (I think) and can be seen on her profile. Will keep you posted about what hatches (can't count chicks before they hatch, lol). Right now it looks pretty good, 11 are going very strong, good veins and movement. Haven't thought about price really, since it's my first time with them, just thought I could help you out. Guess I'll have to look into that, lol, or feel free to make an offer. We only planned on keeping 3 or 4 (DH restricts my animal #s), so PM me if you would like. The guy on the SFH thread has all roos, they've been looked at a few times over, so if you need hens, or a mix, that my not be helpful.

Oh also have 2 lavender Easter egger chicks 2 weeks old for sale Straight run. .$4 each
Roo is pure Lavender Amercauna .X hen is Pure Light Brahma or pure Buff Orp.
Bonne Terre Mo in SE MO.

Sold these guys

Last edited:
I'll sell both. Rather do pickup only for chicks. I am near Lake Ozark but work in Jeff City.
Yeah I wouldnt want any chicks shipped Don't like the idea
Im in SE Mo so pretty far unless I drive to Columbia which I do at times .
My kids live there and I go thru JC. to get there. Over 63. Probably eggs though

Back
Top Bottom