calling any one from missouri

On a much different note...I came home and checked on my 11 week old chicks 2 days ago. There are 10 of them in the coop. The white crested black polish was laying in the corner. I pulled her out to find that some other chick (s) had pecked her head so badly that about 75% of her head feathers were gone, and her head a bloody mess. I really couldn't clean her up very well so put neosporin ointment on. This seems to keep the scab more moist. I was happy to see her drink and eat some that first night because she was so weak. Yesterday was better and she clearly walked around the cage and I had to refill the water and food. She is perching on top of the water today so she looks like she will recover. She has large bruise on top of her head. Am wondering if polish have an odd shaped head or if it's injury. So sad.
Plan to get a cabbage head to hang in the coop today so they have more to do. Am not putting my pullet back in there until she heals up completely but do any of you know how long I should wait?

Chicks will hopefully be here tomorrow. They weren't at the post office today. They assured me they would call when they came in, even if it was 2am!! Anxious as I'm worried an extra day will affect their health.

Chicks will probably be here tomorrow worried about then surviving the extra day of shipping. An extra day can't be really good for them, though I guess it is expected. Went to the post office after work even if the tracking said still in transit. They are somewhere between here and Ohio. I have nutra-drench ready after the advice of a member here hoping that helps them. All I can do at the moment.

It's a little nerve wracking waiting for chicks to arrive. Thankfully it's warmer now so that is less of a factor. The post office here did NOT call me as soon as they arrived but I had gone there anyway in the morning before work. Could hear them chirping all over the warehouse! You would be wise to keep on top of them.

LOL-- they called my @ 3am!!! So they are here but I can't pick them up until after work--so around 4:30. I'm feeling bad leaving them there.
Oh my! I bet you can't wait for work to end! Well, glad they are there, hope it all goes well keep us posted!!!!

Hi everyone! I'm on the search for a hen who is prone to broodiness, the broodier the better lol. I was hoping someone here local to far sw Missouri might have one they are willing to part with. I dont have much but I am willing to pay a small rehoming fee. Im not too picky on the breed I just prefer her to be a duel purpose or layer and not be a bantam. I am only interested in a proven broody. Thanks in advance for any help.

Back
Top Bottom