calling any one from missouri

You are right JT, the cooler weather is very nice. We got lucky here this summer and always got a rain right before things started dying. The festival in Corning sounds interesting. Fair Grove, MO has a harvest festival that always had steam engines and tractors. I haven't been for quite a few years.
My Grandpa passed away yesterday at 86. RIP Papa.
:hugs:hugs
Very sorry to hear that.

Thanks Shawluvsbirds.

Sounds like a wonderful trip JT. I hope you have a great time. Dad was married in the Thorncrown glass chapel in Eureka Springs.
I like the downtown there. I hope it hasn't changed too much. Very pretty area.

I need to do some winterizing and redo the roosts in the coop. The 14 Sapphire Gems are getting larger. I'll have to part with some birds soon, 4 light brahmas, and some or all of the guineas I think. The guineas like to pull feathers. Guineas should not be treated to scratch around smaller birds, lol. I have to play momma hen to keep them off the SG's.

The guineas sure are fat and pretty though. There were so many bugs here, insane actually. We had crickets ENTIRELY covering the inside 5 x 16 portion of the shed I converted into a coop. I've never seen anything like it. And ticks everywhere. My mom caught tick fever this summer from the lonestar ticks here.

For some reason I had a bunch of crickets at night inside the Florida room (it's what my MIL called it, a screened in room to everyone else). Maybe a few got out of my cricket box this summer and now live in the hot tub lol.

Ticks and chiggers were not so bad here this summer for a change sorry to hear they migrated to the west...

JT

For some reason I had a bunch of crickets at night inside the Florida room (it's what my MIL called it, a screened in room to everyone else). Maybe a few got out of my cricket box this summer and now live in the hot tub lol.

Ticks and chiggers were not so bad here this summer for a change sorry to hear they migrated to the west...

JT

We just moved into this property 10 months ago and it's kinda in a small river valley. I grew up about 20 miles away and we had ticks, but I don't ever remember having lonestar ticks there, or worrying about a disease. I made a cricket farm in the garden by throwing out the old straw from the brooder. They were boiling out of there after a month or so. They were black field crickets though, not the camel crickets that took over the shed. What do you use for your cricket box JT?

I use one of those safelite containers from Wally World they can't seem to climb the walls so it works for me. I cut a hole in the lid and hot glued a piece of metal screen so they get plenty of ventilation.

The leaves started turning here first of the week, this morning I was greeted with a kaleidoscope of colors after the sun came up, they all just changed overnight!

JT

I use one of those safelite containers from Wally World they can't seem to climb the walls so it works for me. I cut a hole in the lid and hot glued a piece of metal screen so they get plenty of ventilation.

The leaves started turning here first of the week, this morning I was greeted with a kaleidoscope of colors after the sun came up, they all just changed overnight!

JT
Ya, it is getting gorgeous. Fall is my favorite time of year. Just too bad it is so short. Halloween party tonight!

My spangled butchers are getting bigger. I had two spangled penny hatch pullets and lost one to the 4 day cold snap.

Attachments

• 20181024_143627.jpg
    20181024_143627.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20181025_195611.jpg
    20181025_195611.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom