calling any one from missouri

Nothing better than your first egg(s), found mine in a 5 gallon bucket with some pea gravel in the bottom. I called that my thousand dollar egg...

JT
They’ve been laying in their lower nests (I’ve got them stacked, 2 rows of 4 nests for a total of 8). I was half expecting them to lay in the chicken yard.

Looks like we’re going to have to install aviary netting over their yard. It’s surrounded by a 5’ fence that has kept them contained till recently. The past 3 days 2 of my slw girls have decided to take an afternoon stroll where the grass is greener. Little stinkers.

They’ve been laying in their lower nests (I’ve got them stacked, 2 rows of 4 nests for a total of 8). I was half expecting them to lay in the chicken yard.

Looks like we’re going to have to install aviary netting over their yard. It’s surrounded by a 5’ fence that has kept them contained till recently. The past 3 days 2 of my slw girls have decided to take an afternoon stroll where the grass is greener. Little stinkers.

I don't have any netting over my chicken yard but I have plenty of interesting things for them to play with all day. I put a bale of straw at the top of the yard and they tear it apart and scratch it down to the bottom then I pitch fork it back up and pile it up. I also have my 3 compartment compost bin in the yard and they love to dig in it. I also (during growing season) have 8 sprout boxes that I sprout wheat in for them to dig up and eat greens.

JT

I don't have any netting over my chicken yard but I have plenty of interesting things for them to play with all day. I put a bale of straw at the top of the yard and they tear it apart and scratch it down to the bottom then I pitch fork it back up and pile it up. I also have my 3 compartment compost bin in the yard and they love to dig in it. I also (during growing season) have 8 sprout boxes that I sprout wheat in for them to dig up and eat greens.

JT
I have my old coops open in their yard. They especially like the meatie coop...it’s their playhouse :)

Just the same 2 birds getting out sometime between 3pm & dusk when I put them away. I should set up a game camera to see their route.

Do you have your net supported other than on the edges?
No, and it's at least 25' apart at the widest. It is stretchy and lightweight! It would sag when the cat laid/walked on it, or in ice/snow. Then it springs back.
sag (3 of 1).jpg sag2.png

I have my old coops open in their yard. They especially like the meatie coop...it’s their playhouse :)

Just the same 2 birds getting out sometime between 3pm & dusk when I put them away. I should set up a game camera to see their route.

That sounds like they are looking for a better place to roost...

JT

Back
Top Bottom