calling any one from missouri

Heads up, neighbors!!

Someone is stealing entire flocks in NE Kansas, just over the border. This latest one was Saturday night, and they even stole water bowls and feeders.

Here's the post from FB. NOT my birds, but less than 20 miles from me, and I'm concerned about all of us!

>>>MISSING BIRDS FROM REVOLUTIONMAMA RANCH STOLEN ON
MAY 11TH
FROM 951 E. 1000 RD., LAWRENCE, KS

1 JUBILEE ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
2 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
4 CHOCOLATE ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 WHEATON Ameraucana ROOSTER
1 BLACK Ameraucana ROOSTER
2 CHOCOLATE Ameraucana HENS
4 BLACK Ameraucana juvenileS
2 CREAM LEGBAR juvenileS
TRIO OF RED SUSSEX
2 CORONATION HENS
3 BUFF SUSSEX HENS
1 BUFF SUSSEX ROOSTER
2 LAVENDER ORPINGTON HENS 1 ENGLISH / 1 AMERICAN
1 LAVENDER ORPINGTON ROOSTER
5 PURE BLACK HENS
5 BLACK/GOLD/SILVER ROOSTERS
PAIR OF GOLD LACED BRAHMA'S
1 BUFF LACED BRAHMA ROOSTER
4 SWEDISH FLOWER HENS
2 SWEDISH FLOWER HEN ROOSTERS
PAIR OF BLUE ISBARS
10 HEDEMORA CHICKENS LOTS OF COLORS
2 ADULT INDIAN RUNNER DUCKS - GREY AND THE OTHER IS WHITE

2 JUVENILE PEKIN DUCKS
1 JUVENILE RUNNER DUCK MY SONS FAVORITE BIRD, HE WAS BROUGHT TO TEARS WHEN I TOLD HIM

THERE ARE MORE, I JUST WANTED TO GET THE LIST OUT THERE<<<

WOW I need help fast.

I hatched 24 chcicks this W/E and was extremely happy, (Some may already be sold) Thurs I set 39 more I had seperated breeders for, so I knew what I would get, for the most part. These are due the 30th. Last this morning I oops and order 35 ebay eggs (Cheaper to combine shipping) 18 Barred rocks and 17 White leghorn. These will find a place in my hatching order when I get them. So I'm happily be bopping along doing some spring cleaning and I stumble on....... ALOT of guinea eggs behind the coop. All told we found 57 in a nest (Have 6 hens 2 males) GRRRR can't waste those so I scooped em up and in the bator they went. Due June 10th.
Ok chicken math I get a little sweaty thats ALOT of eggs around a 2 week period. I have 96 cooking now 35 coming soon thats 131. WOW tahts alot for me.... then I check the coop, which by the way has a broody Black Australorp which has 5 eggs at the moment, prolly get more before she sets for good. Maybe 4-5 and she will cook em for me. Being my 1st broody ever to sit in 6 years of birds I CAN'T bring myself to break her.
Anyway back to the oh no's (Like I needed more) when I went to the coop I do a head count. All birds except.... a white guinea. She here during day and not now. So I think she protecting another nest somewhere, last year she hatch a batch of 18 herself. So however many she has.... this could be The Great Poultry Take over of 2013. And its only May.
I pretty sure I can sell most layers I get, some people already looking for guineas and layers (Undefined when they want them though) and roos I will pack to the freezer or CL them.
I need to figure out when the Farmers market opens this summer if its not already. I need to find the guy in my area that test for NPIP flocks and get my birds checked so I can sell hatching eggs and birds out of state, being only 20 miles from IA its a real possibiilty I will have people hopping line for birds, they do for cigs/tobacco.

And none of this is counting the 65 pullets I bought this year for layers/breeders and 50 CornishX I got at a steal price of $1.05 ea at 10 days old. Good thing I live out in the sticks and I have a great relationship with my neighbors (They stop before my yard and check the poultry crossing for which I have no sign for) Alot of coop space and 1/2 my barn to convert to a complex for all my birds. I prolly will cull some. I know of 1 at least that will never be a breeder. And more males than I'll ever need unless I try to trio everything.

Anyway this is what Poultry Math is.

BTW if anyone round Kirksville area (I live north aways in Unionville Mo) would like some birds in a few weeks gimme a shout I will prolly have more than I can count, even using chicken math.

LOL You lost me after the 57 Guinea eggs!!!!!!

Heads up, neighbors!!

Someone is stealing entire flocks in NE Kansas, just over the border. This latest one was Saturday night, and they even stole water bowls and feeders.

Here's the post from FB. NOT my birds, but less than 20 miles from me, and I'm concerned about all of us!

>>>MISSING BIRDS FROM REVOLUTIONMAMA RANCH STOLEN ON
MAY 11TH
FROM 951 E. 1000 RD., LAWRENCE, KS

1 JUBILEE ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
2 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
4 CHOCOLATE ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 WHEATON Ameraucana ROOSTER
1 BLACK Ameraucana ROOSTER
2 CHOCOLATE Ameraucana HENS
4 BLACK Ameraucana juvenileS
2 CREAM LEGBAR juvenileS
TRIO OF RED SUSSEX
2 CORONATION HENS
3 BUFF SUSSEX HENS
1 BUFF SUSSEX ROOSTER
2 LAVENDER ORPINGTON HENS 1 ENGLISH / 1 AMERICAN
1 LAVENDER ORPINGTON ROOSTER
5 PURE BLACK HENS
5 BLACK/GOLD/SILVER ROOSTERS
PAIR OF GOLD LACED BRAHMA'S
1 BUFF LACED BRAHMA ROOSTER
4 SWEDISH FLOWER HENS
2 SWEDISH FLOWER HEN ROOSTERS
PAIR OF BLUE ISBARS
10 HEDEMORA CHICKENS LOTS OF COLORS
2 ADULT INDIAN RUNNER DUCKS - GREY AND THE OTHER IS WHITE

2 JUVENILE PEKIN DUCKS
1 JUVENILE RUNNER DUCK MY SONS FAVORITE BIRD, HE WAS BROUGHT TO TEARS WHEN I TOLD HIM

THERE ARE MORE, I JUST WANTED TO GET THE LIST OUT THERE<<<

This just makes me ill. I dont think I hate anything more than a thief!

I am speechless somebody knew what they were after and when nobody was gonna be there I would be at jacobs cave or any other sale going on this week and next and somebody would go to jail probably me too cause that would be worth a assult charge my fowl are like my kids don't mess with either period

There was a thief in the north Texas area that would check the local newspaper and steal from the homes of the high school atheletes when the parents were at the games. He was shot and killed by a grandfather who was too tired to go to the game.

Leg bars from greenfire farms line a,b,c and marans from myrna in greenwood and chick n e farms in kansas bev davis lines
Cool - I'm hatching out legbars from GF's 1st and 2nd lines and marans from 3 sources: with Channing Grisham, Ron Presley, Wade Jeane, and Bev Davis bloodlines and from some that Chookschiks has been working on for 5 years. Might think on doing some egg swaps a little further down the line.
big_smile.png

Ok I calculated wrong, hatch day is tomorrow not Friday. But my luck they wont start till Friday, or start and be hatching for 3 days!
I am still excited about JC. Hubby is leaving town this weekend, but I think I have him agreeing to "watch" my eggs/chicks while I am at JG. They are due to hatch Friday!!!! So Saturday will be the only day I can come. I know there is a flat fee to go in to JC and then another fee to set up a "booth"? I am willing to drive a carpool!

Have fun everyone!
I set new eggs last night! 24 Cinnamon Queens.
Around here people think I am the crazy chicken lady. I assume that is better than crazy cat lady?
lau.gif

WE had some wind. I never heard a thing. Got up this morning and all my hens were loose in the yard. i thought it would be a long process.
Hubby got the pen back up. i went out to help and all my girls just came right over to me. Looking for treats, I would imagine.
Sure made things simple.
I got some scratch and walked into the pen offering a handful. They all just walked back in!!

Back
Top Bottom