calling any one from missouri

Understand your situation but need to think about this.
Birds carry diseases that can spread - this is why it is so critical to apply strict quarentine protocols and even to the point that bird people don't allow other bird people on thier property as they can track stuff from one to the other.

If you have portible pens you may be able to find someone that has no birds that would like to give it a try to see if they like it for the eggs.... but you might want to be looking for plan B rather than holding out hope.

Just trying to help.

Dan, wanted you to understand the risk of exposing your birds too.
Exposure works both ways. Don't know exactly the temp situation you'd be dealing with but can whip something up quick and dirty out of PVC and hardware cloth that would work for a while.

Jackie - that is brown - could be chocolate but maybe Dun more likely? 2 of the EE hens are kind of partridge colored.

Dan, wanted you to understand the risk of exposing your birds too.
Exposure works both ways. Don't know exactly the temp situation you'd be dealing with but can whip something up quick and dirty out of PVC and hardware cloth that would work for a while.

Jackie - that is brown - could be chocolate but maybe Dun more likely? 2 of the EE hens are kind of partridge colored.

Just read this in my Cackle hatchery newsletter:

· LARRY THE CABLE GUY - Hope you get to watch Cackle Hatchery on “Only In America with Larry the Cable Guy.” This episode is scheduled to air on Wednesday, August 7th on the History Channel at 9pm EST. We had so much fun the day they were here filming. Cackle is one of several places being featured on this episode. We can’t wait to see what they put together.

It's like when Mike Rowe did a Dirty Jobs episode at the charcoal plant in Belle MO...local business gets national spotlight!!

CG

well my girls are finally starting to eat the tray of baby greens I put out for them this morning rather than just scratch them to pieces like grass clippings. I have to get the bossy girls who do most of the scratching farther down the run so others can eat the greens--not hard since the bossy girls think every pile of feed is theirs first, so they run right down to the last place grain hit ground! And they ate every last scrap of the soaked/sprouted seed I put out last night. I've been "experimenting" with those two options for winter fodder. Anybody else in SW MO do either?

Nursiedeer-- Hi I am probably 30 mins south of you, it is nice to meet people close. A lot of the others on here are WAY north or WAY south of me.
WOW Awesome! Sorry it's been so long.I don't get on here much in the summer months. Get busy with kids n such.
Nice to know I have chicken friends so close.
I do have some at church I keep trying to drag onto here.

Back
Top Bottom