calling any one from missouri

Hello,I'm northwest of the Kansas City metro, near Parkville. My hens are getting too old, so I'm rebuilding my flock. Got 6 EE day olds on the 4th of July, just posted pics to ask for help re gender. Looks like one is a girl, yippee! Also got 4 Barred Rocks by mail from My Pet Chicken last week, they for sure are girls and will begin laying in March. So we'll get eggs again!

I live in Springfield and have been buying my feed lately on Amazon from Scratch N Peck feeds. It's so expensive! Does anyone close know where I can get quality feed lime that locally, online or just less expensive? It runs $70 for a 50# bag and I go thru about 3-4 bags a month!

I live in Joplin, but Gordon's feed stores advertise every year at the Springfield Horse fest as a local family owned feed store. You might start with them. If they might know who does. I would also check the closest MFA as they are great source of MO feeds and ag supplies. I use my local one and I know there is one up there.

Thanks. I'm hoping to find some of the same quality as what I've found on Amazon. It's really great quality, just super expensive.

I live a little north of Springfield. I've got Buffs, Ameraucanas(spelling), California whites and Plymouth Rocks and a mixed rooster. 12 hens, 3chicks and one happy rooster total.

Back
Top Bottom