calling any one from missouri

Karen, I was wondering about mine eating rock salt as well unless I could somehow enclose it. The cold is supposed to be back this weekend. I heard -2 on Sunday last night. WTG on 4 eggs! I had one and wondering if the EE's will lay today. Crazy roo, yes I still have him, was out there crowing @ 3am!!

Hey all cold is back tomorrow if you haven't had a chance to watch the weather., at least in the KC area and it looked like it was spreading across the state. Not nice... mmm an eggland best ad just came on , my pullet's eggs taste better.. LOL And I've only gotten 5 that are edible.. ;) but dang awesome!!! I switched out the temp roosts so they are clean, added some bedding stirred up the bedding in the coop , with 55 degrees today, figured the only chance I had before more really cold. Chicks were happy munching when I came in. Since they are trapped in their coop until spring I try to keep them happy and healthy. Wish my body hadn't thrown me health issues so I could have gotten their run completed. Such is life. It throws you lemons now and then.

We had a pretty nice day here yesterday, so I took that opportunity to take the chicks outside. They were only out there about an hour, but did get to take a good dirt bath and peck around a little. I also let the big chickens out. Unfortunately, several of them attacked the youngsters. No injuries though. Whew.

Sorry your little egg got smashed - that stinks. I guess I'm lucky mine have never laid on the floor even when there's a lot of straw on it.

Spent a good part of the day fluffing up and cleaning their house. We are getting that storm too, but so far it's been light rain, wind and it's getting colder. I really need to give some of the roosts a good scrubbing, but not until after the coldest weather is over.

I've had a minor head cold for a while now. Keep waking up with awful sinus headaches. Hope you're feeling better soon Jeria.

This weather is crappy!! I hate this ongoing cold. I am at 15 with a wind chill of -8 They are saying colder by am. It was 50 degrees @ 4:5 this am. KC metro didn't get a lot. Some ice early and then flurries. By the time I was off work the roads were fine. They say with the dropping temps the roads may e slick i the am. No eggs. The Barred Rock is laying more often than the EE's. Awaiting another unfrozen egg to use her last egg.

Brrrrr......5 º this morning in Barton county. No snow or ice on the ground. I made a warm mash of the chicken feed and made sure everyone got some. The 3 bantams tend to get pushed out of the feeders by the 6 big girls. The run surrounds the coop so I put bowls on all sides. I'll go out later and replace the frozen which I'll bring inside to thaw by the fire.

Brrrrr......5 º this morning in Barton county. No snow or ice on the ground. I made a warm mash of the chicken feed and made sure everyone got some. The 3 bantams tend to get pushed out of the feeders by the 6 big girls. The run surrounds the coop so I put bowls on all sides. I'll go out later and replace the frozen which I'll bring inside to thaw by the fire.
Hello sue t in Barton county:frow
Dade county girl here. . wonder if we know each other:)

Back
Top Bottom