calling any one from missouri

Well I’m new here and discovered the Missouri thread. I didn’t go through all 890+ pages, so unsure if I am by anyone else. I am about an hour or so north of St. Louis and about 20 min south of Clarksville in Elsberry. I am new to chickens, and only have 6 right now, but I can tell you, this is going to change soon. I’m obsessed!
Welcome Flynn to the MO thread! Well most of the people from the early years of this thread are no longer active or active on it, certainly the OP is long gone from here. There are lots of threads like that, new people keep them going. I look forward to seeing you around!

Last edited:
I have been letting my older chickens out to free range about an hour before bedtime, and their favorite place to go is the garden. I have cages or barriers around the plants, and the chickens clean out the walkways between. I stay out with them, and around 8 pm, they all automatically head in to roost.
1111--gardening w chickens (3 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
YAY!! I have my girls taken care of when I will be out of town next weekend. One of my neighbors grew up with chickens and will take car of feed and water when I go to my granddaughter's graduation down near Truman Lake.

I have been letting my older chickens out to free range about an hour before bedtime, and their favorite place to go is the garden. I have cages or barriers around the plants, and the chickens clean out the walkways between. I stay out with them, and around 8 pm, they all automatically head in to roost.
View attachment 1381922

It looks so neat. I've been letting mine out when I have time after work. They seem to enjoy puttering around in the yard. Funny that they like the shade under the honeysuckle

Back
Top Bottom