calling any one from missouri

I drove into Lamar today. Our dirt road, after 5" of rain, is really rutted and the edges are collapsing. You just hope you don't meet another car. In Lamar, the river (Muddy Creek) is way out of its banks, but not over the road. Some of our stream water is in there. And now it will all go down to the Spring River, Joplin, and points south....
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
Orscheln's in Lamar has chicks on sale for 50% off. They have an impressive selection of breeds; Welsummer, Favorelles, Ameraucanas, Marans, plus others......and they are all getting big. In the past, the choices offered there were very limited. I hope someone buys them or they may go back to the boring old standbys. I don't need more chickens, but if I did, I'd get some Favorelles.

I think everyone wants sexlinked and RIR.... etc... so they can be sure to have too many eggs!

Lamar is too far for me to go but I’d like to have some welsumers... I’m thinking of getting some more day old chicks as I don’t think my 2 broodies are going to have much success... after I candled some eggs last night.... they’re about a week from hatch date and i saw zilch.

I think my dearly departed (but tasty) rooster was a dud in the fertile egg department. So I might drive over to Cackle and see what they have in store... just to give those 2 some biddys to raise.

On the weather front... my power has been out for about an hour... it blinked 3 times which we just kinda know means it’s gonna be off for a while... not sure if that’s the linemen signaling with 3 cycles before they work on getting trees off the line or something? ... we just kind of know that 3 blinks means no power for a while :idunno

Last edited:
... right after a posted I walked down to check the mailbox and waved to the rural electric fellas as they drove by... power was back on when I got back to the house.

Another soggy iris today:
0D86CF1F-A34D-4C2F-B29C-DDD677C7B73E.jpeg

Been raining of and on all night and day, while no where near @SueT 5" we have 2 1/2" from this round. Much too wet for me, the chickens don't seem to mind having clean feet lol.

JT

Clean feet :eek: We have had so much rain here that everything is a muddy mess!! :duc
I think my chickens will be ecstatic to eventually have clean feet again. Sunday is the only day in the 10 day forecast that isn't rain or thunderstorms.

I am guessing the Joplin Poultry Swap will be a muddy mess after the heavy rains.
The big 4-States Farm Show in Pittsburg, KS, is scheduled for this weekend, today thru Sunday. it usually draws tens of thousands of visitors. They have always held it in the hottest weekend of summer but decided to schedule it in spring this year. Local news shows that it's so muddy there, they aren't allowing anyone to park on the grounds, but you have to take a shuttle from a parking lot elsewhere.

Last edited:
Clean feet :eek: We have had so much rain here that everything is a muddy mess!! :duc
I think my chickens will be ecstatic to eventually have clean feet again. Sunday is the only day in the 10 day forecast that isn't rain or thunderstorms.

I have so many puddles of water they are constantly cleaning their feet as they walk. Everywhere else it's a muddy mess.

JT

Back
Top Bottom