calling any one from missouri

Just

just curious how much time a day do you spend with the chicks? I’m trying to decide if I spend too much or too little. I’m curious what everyone else does
I doubt you can spend too much time with them..
Unless you are handling them to death and bringing them in to sleep in your bed with you at night 😉
Too little time would only be if their daily needs were not being met.
Just my opinion.

Just

just curious how much time a day do you spend with the chicks? I’m trying to decide if I spend too much or too little. I’m curious what everyone else does

The first day home I was with them most of the day. I come down here often during the day and a few times at night to check the temperature. Dunno how much time but a lot lol.

I have to divide my time between chicks, hens, projects and lunch.

JT

Now we’re getting somewhere! ...

if I can get this cat to do some chores while I nap, I think I’ll become a ‘cat person’ ...

I tried to tell her from experience that sitting on the hood and looking backwards is not the best way to operate a tractor... but she had to try it her way... baby steps I guess 😉

E888EE5E-6B40-4A56-9B26-7BAD4F5C3ED6.jpeg

Just

Mine are in the brooder out in the coop. I check on them 2 sometimes 3 times a day to make sure they have food and water ( and if they are using a heat lamp, to make sure the bulb hasn't gone out). Otherwise they are on their on. It's hard enough to butcher them when the time comes so I am not trying to make them all my favorites!!
When I used to brood them in the house I spent a lot more time with them but they weren't any more people friendly than others. I don't pick up or pet my chickens unless they are sick or need some kind of special care.

Last edited:
I don't spend much time "with" my chickens, maybe half an hour, feeding, checking, watching, gathering eggs, etc. (DH does morning chores.) But I do watch them from the window while washing dishes or just "settin'." I don't know them all by name, but they know me, lol! I don't hatch, and we only get new ones every couple of years. I'm really liking my Black Australorps, now 12 weeks old. They're very nice. And I like the BJG I got with them, too.

Back
Top Bottom