calling any one from missouri

I don't spend much time "with" my chickens, maybe half an hour, feeding, checking, watching, gathering eggs, etc. (DH does morning chores.) But I do watch them from the window while washing dishes or just "settin'." I don't know them all by name, but they know me, lol! I don't hatch, and we only get new ones every couple of years. I'm really liking my Black Australorps, now 12 weeks old. They're very nice. And I like the BJG I got with them, too.
My chickens know the difference in the sound of our vehicles. They come running when my car comes in but ignore when my husband's van comes in. I do 90% of the chicken chores. Hubby just started helping out when I went back to work, so he now lets them out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings and makes sure they have food and water on those days. Before that he only took care of them when I was out of town or ill or something like that.

I do enjoy watching them when they are free ranging and I can see them out the window in the yard!

Last edited:
Now we’re getting somewhere! ...

if I can get this cat to do some chores while I nap, I think I’ll become a ‘cat person’ ...

I tried to tell her from experience that sitting on the hood and looking backwards is not the best way to operate a tractor... but she had to try it her way... baby steps I guess 😉

View attachment 2123845
what's her name?

what's her name?

after some polling of friends and family... we went with the suggestion made by our four year old niece, which was “Eleanore”... It came down to that or “Prim” ...

I like ‘old people’ names for cats and dogs anyway, and my wife says I would have went with anything that particular niece suggested no matter... because apparently she has me spoiled, lol

but in any case, she’s now Eleanore or ‘hey cat’ for short 😉

Now we’re getting somewhere! ...

if I can get this cat to do some chores while I nap, I think I’ll become a ‘cat person’ ...

I tried to tell her from experience that sitting on the hood and looking backwards is not the best way to operate a tractor... but she had to try it her way... baby steps I guess 😉

View attachment 2123845
Our barn cat keeps eating the wild birds ☹️ He May have to find a new home this summer.

Btw, show me state folks this is good stuff and a good price if your local “gettin place” carries this made in Missouri brand

I have no affiliation with them, and have only tried the
Scratch grain so far but thought I’d mention it

they lie about how long they’ve been serving me though... I wasn’t even born in 1858 🙄

144BBEC6-4ECD-4701-B63D-200F764642B3.jpeg
E4CCE8A8-F76F-4093-B426-D22534516D78.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom