calling any one from missouri

I made 5 loaves of whole wheat bread yesterday 😊 (she said, blushing). Gave one away. We devoured one immediately. Two are sliced and in the freezer. This one is next. It turned out great, makes wonderful toast. I used one cup of bread flour this time for added gluten, the remainder was about 2/3 unbleached white, 1/3 whole wheat, proportionally. I was so pleased it turned out so good.

20200706_212159.jpg

We were also surrounded by neighbors that had seeming bought out the entire fireworks stand in our little town. We just by a few sparklers and the like then watch the show each year! Enjoyed family, hotdogs/brats, homemade pies and ice cream. Now my husband and I get to enjoy a few days alone as all three of our daughters went home with Grandma and Grandpa to visit and be spoiled!

View attachment 2229191
My homely little pies. Tasted good even though I'm terrible at getting my crust to crimp correctly at all. Forgot to get a picture of the finished product. Also reduced the apple pie juices to a yummy apple juicy syrup to pour on top of the apples. Remembered that after I'd put the top pastry on.🤦‍♀️View attachment 2229192
Looks good to me!
I made a pie today. Used one of my pie birds just for fun.
20200706_172950.jpg
20200706_203042.jpg

Neat! I've never seen a pie bird before 😊. If you use one, do you not have to put little cuts in the crust? Does the bird release steam? Looks like an antique.
That particular one is not an antique. But yes, that is the idea is they let the steam out. 😊
I haven't known about them for very long myself..I learned about them from a member here @room onthebroom and became fascinated with them. She sent me two of them for my birthday this year because she is the bestest fake auntie ever.
I have gotten a few others as gifts and bought a couple myself so
Now I have a small collection of them. 🤗

Back
Top Bottom