calling any one from missouri

What ever you do don't breath the mist from BT you will be sick as a dog with green apple trots for 12 or more hours... don't ask me how I know...

JT
oh no! I‘ve been using it for years and never had a problem, but maybe I’ll wear a mask from now on. I do thoroughly wash the kale etc. after harvesting. Is it possible you got sick from anything else?
This is from an article re safety in humans and other mammals
”Bt toxins are produced by soil bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis [3]. In their native form, a subgroup of Bt toxins, classified as Cry toxins, are mostly regarded as safe for human health and the environment because of their mode of action, that requires a basic pH and some specific receptors and enzymes [4]. The combination of these preconditions are known to occur in the gut of insects, but are absent in other animals such as vertebrates.
from
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5236067/

Here’s another article about safety and BT, which concluded that “Over two decades of review, the EPA and numerous scientific bodies have consistently found that Bt and engineered Bt-crops are not harmful to humans.”
“ Most genetically engineered, insect-resistant crops express one or more Bt insecticidal Cry toxins.” So our foods may contain it if made from genetically modified ingredients. I assume we’ve been eating it for a long time....
https://www.entsoc.org/sites/default/files/files/Science-Policy/2018/ESA-Factsheet-Bt.pdf

Crops after a day are fine, just don't walk around the corner into a fog of BT... I got sick within minutes. I thought it settled down in the maters and I was staying upwind except for that mistake.

The label clearly states not to breathe the vapors...

JT
Yikes! thanks!!!!! I’ll definitely wear a mask from now on, I certainly have enuf of them.

19C9FDC4-FD4B-456E-90A9-06BE56533CD1.jpeg

It’s officially 100º here. We ate watermelon and gave the rinds to the chickens.
B034F64A-6F65-4FD7-AD23-2FB6CECC57B6.jpeg
Here’s Jude overlooking distribution. Jude, age 1, is now the flock master. His papa, Beldar, was killed by a raccoon 2 weeks ago. I used to let them out really early. (No more, I wait till the sun has completely risen.). I set a trap and something tripped it, ate the bait, pooped in there and somehow got out. I bought a better trap, but there’s no activity at all now. I still don’t know how it got in the run, but it is merely covered w bird netting.

Back
Top Bottom