calling any one from missouri

I read in one of those "how you know youre from stl" articles, that people from STL measure distance in time, rather than miles. Reading these threads, a lot of us do that! I do too. I'm about an hour south of STL!

ep.gif
ep.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

OH I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been rather not looking forward to the upcoming butcher session at my little farm.... Tonight I had the kids go check the chickens because I'm quite tired of being dissapointed...

My littlest comes in the house and says "Mom, we have lots of eggs." I was so dumbfounded I said "What? There are eggs??" He's 4 so I wasn't sure I could believe him...

But THEY BROUGHT 8 EGGS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

Dubbed a rooster today. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is aweful to do. But he is a show bird so it had to be done. My 10 year old held him and I cut. I HATE THAT! I would rather pay someone than do it myself.

The bad part about Jacob's Cave that I can think of is if it is really that big- how do you know when to buy something and when to keep looking? With my limit of 6
wink.png
and no ideas what we want, it could be a lot of second guessing. Good thing we are bringing the suburban. haha

Finally set some eggs under my broody cochin today. We put her in one of our show cages so that she will not keep switching nests. We placed it under the nest boxes so she is still in with her flock. She sat right down and pushed all the eggs under her. Now we just wait and see.

I Love Chickens!

This is from the State NPIP Director here in WA State. I thought you guys should be aware:

Low pathogenic avian influenza H7N3 was detected in Missouri (Polk County) commercial turkeys as part of the NPIP routine surveillance. No clinical signs of sickness or disease was evident in the turkeys. Low pathogenicity H7 avian influenza virus raises concerns due to the risk of mutating to the highly pathogenic form as occurred in the British Columbia AI H7N3 outbreak in 2004. Washington State lies beneath the Pacific America flyway for migrating waterfowl. It is important to maintain biosecurity to prevent the spread of avian influenza from migrating waterfowl to domestic poultry.

Quote:
missy, i have a saying on that.

'thought long, thought wrong.'

if you find something you want, buy it or you may never find where it is again!

dubbing is about as nasty as it gets. unfortunatly it has to be done.

Last edited:
Misschickenlittle-- I am happy to hear you are finally getting eggs! I hope they keep laying for you.
I have been very disapointed with mine the past few days, they have only been laying half of what they usually lay.

Missy-- dubbing sounds like a very nasty job and I have thought about it myself but have not done so I have to give it up for you that you did.
As far as Jacob's cave goes, if you see something you like and it is healthy and a good price I would buy it.
I hope your broody cochin sets good for you. What kind of cochins do you have? I am a cochin FREAK if you haven't noticed by all of the eggs I buy. I just love those little fluff butts!

Have fun at Jacob's Cave. I am not sure we will be going. I have bought so many eggs that I am not sure I need to buy anymore chickens right now. If I go down there I know I will come home with something! Heck we came home with 2 geese 3 weeks ago and I wasn't in the market for geese!
lol.png

Tony

Quote:
SuziQ! Thank you so very much for alertingme to this auction!!! I've been in contact with the lady and my DH is going Saturday to "probably" pick one up! I'm so excited!!

So last night I was on the AKC website reading about the breeds and found out that the official name for a Jack Russell Terrier is really a Parson Russell Terrier...

Now I have 2 reason to update my sig line! But I'm going to wait because I'm (not) going to buy anything at Jacobs Cave this weekend...

Oh I am sooo excited for you!!! I just love Boxers. I have had them all my life! Please, please post a pic if you get one!

Back
Top Bottom