calling any one from missouri

Oh, the rain that creates the mud that make life trekking to the chicken house so much fun....

ugh. No more rain!!!! Can't we send it to Texas so they can stop having wild fires??? I think we should all stand outside and start blowing at the clouds to push them to the southwest! Anyone game??
tongue.png

Quote:
I don't know... I sowed grass a couple weeks ago and the yard has been too dry to sprout it. Too much land to water myself... I appreciate the rain but agree it isn't a fun feat to go to the chicken house in it!

As soon as the grass grows, I can free range my girls again and I can start having those delicious dark yolk eggs again... Yum, Yum!!!!

Last edited:
big_smile.png
Hey fellow Missourians! I too, wish the rain would cease at least for a day or so - how am I supposed to till the garden when it rains every day?!?!?! My seedlings just keep getting bigger and bigger indoors
roll.png
It's gonna be a jungle in here before long, lol!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=484937

This
is the link for the K & L Exotic Animal and Bird Auction in Yates Center, Kansas

The sale is April 30th and May 1st

or go to www.kramerlivestockfarm.com

Usually a large auction with anywhere from 350 to 700 lots of poultry and rabbits. This sale will be smaller due to the time of the year, but still expect to get around 400+ lots of birds. Plus all the sheep and goats, mini and exotic cattle, camels, zebras, llamas and alpacas, mini horses and donkeys, and much more. Just check the website for consignments as they are added. Although most poultry will just show up and won't be consigned.

I've been going through the birds deciding what to take. Right now planning on some white silkies, blue silkies, trio of silver duckwing Old English, trio of Brown red Old English, Pair of standard silver laced cochins, pair of lemon blue project cochins bantams, several fancy pigeons; arch angels, muffed tumbler, helmets for now. And probably 3 guinea pigs!

If you can make it you should come and talk bird with me when I get a spare second or two. Saturday is the best day to come in my opinion, but you can be the judge.

is everybody OK ?? the STL airport is shut down hubby is stuck in san francisco he will probably miss easter
sad.png
looking for alternatives now. fly to KC drive home, chicago train home, memphis ect.

Back
Top Bottom