calling any one from missouri

Hello madsmama08
welcome-byc.gif
I am in Republic, so not to far from you. hope you like it on here.

Hi, I'm just wondering if you made it to the Gardner sale on Saturday?

Hi Chickmama! I didn't end up making it to Gardner. We wanted to, but you know how weekends are! Lolli Bros, up in Macon, will be coming up, so we're trying to get there.

We're in Kearney, btw.

Hi Julie! Thought any more about chukars? I've now got 5 mallard/rouen babies (I don't know which, but I'm leaning toward rouen). And I've been talking to Legg about a pair of mandarins, which I didn't realize he had. I thought he just did all those magnificent peacocks.

I didn't know they had those either. I love mandarins. I think I am taking a little break from getting anymore new birds for a little bit though. I ended up getting some turkey eggs.
hide.gif
lau.gif
I want all these guys grown and in the coop before I do anything else, so probably won't be until fall.

Hi, we didn't make it to the sale either, it was so nice, we worked outside on a new coop. If you make it to Macon, maybe you'll find something you just CAN'T live without
wee.gif

I didn't know they had those either. I love mandarins. I think I am taking a little break from getting anymore new birds for a little bit though. I ended up getting some turkey eggs.
hide.gif
lau.gif
I want all these guys grown and in the coop before I do anything else, so probably won't be until fall.

First of all...yeah, sure you're taking a break!
lau.gif

Second....if you need someone to take a couple turkeys off your hands, you just let me know! What are they?

Do you have mandarins, Julie?

Hi, we didn't make it to the sale either, it was so nice, we worked outside on a new coop. If you make it to Macon, maybe you'll find something you just CAN'T live without
wee.gif

I think it's a given that I'll find something I CAN'T live without! Every year I come home wanting Axis deer.
roll.png

First of all...yeah, sure you're taking a break!
lau.gif

Second....if you need someone to take a couple turkeys off your hands, you just let me know! What are they?

Do you have mandarins, Julie?

I have 8 eggs developing, I only want one or 2 poults so I'm going to have extras.
wink.png
They are blue slate/royal palm. I think they'll be pretty. They are from these eggs. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...y-eggs-and-african-goose-eggs/20#post_8600584
No mandarins yet, I'm thinking it will be next year.

Oh fabulous! Put me on your list for 2!
celebrate.gif

I'm thinking I might wait on the mandarins, now that I know he raises them. I'd sure like to have a long flight aviary, and that's going to take me a little time. I've got big ideas, and I need to tell my husband slowly or he'll be overwhelmed. After 13 years of marriage, though, he understands that I'm going to do my research before I ask him to build something. He also knows that when I get my mind wrapped around something, nothing is going to shake it loose. Such a good guy.

Back
Top Bottom