calling any one from missouri

Hi Statonisland!

I'm in Kearney.
smile.png

Having learned more about the Cochins I bought to get some trios out of, it turns out they're not so great after all
hit.gif
I think the blues will make a trip to Jacob's Cave this weekend to fine new homes, and probably at least half of my silver-laced.
I'll have to chalk this up to a "learning experience"
barnie.gif
, and hope I get my money back out of them.
idunno.gif

Anyone else going to Jacob's Cave this weekend?

my bf just built a pergola...would'nt know what that was til he made one. good luck with it. I'm going to be taking pictures for my kids since they can't make it. I'll try to remember to post it. are you on Chicken Swap of MO on FB?

I just found this thread...haven't read where everyone else is from but I wanted to jump in and introduce myself

I'm Cheri just outside of Jefferson City, but grew up in Shelby County in Northeast Missouri (25 miles from Macon). My Dad had chickens when I was a child and we'd take them to some Amish folk to butcher them for us (we did it a few times but I guess that there were too many and it was too much work - I remember plucking and plucking wet feathers). Any way, here I am 30 years later, and my kids see the chicks at Tractor Supply and I relent. I'm trying to keep the flock small but I like variety and beauty in my flock so I'm having to stop myself from buying more chickens. I have 9 pullets( 2 Rhode Island Reds, 4 Red Stars, 3 Barred Rock), 1 Barred Rock cockerel and Two Easter Eggers that I do not know the gender for certain (I've had someone on BYC tell me both cockerels but the combs are still so pale that I am hoping at least one female so I can have some pretty blue eggs). We also have 4 bantams that my boys are suppose to be taking care of but for now, they are roosting with the big girls (out of the coop, however, they keep to themselves for now). This means that they are eating and drinking from the same feeder/waterer as my big girls but the bantams will eventually get their own coop with their own feeder, their own waterer, and their own run. Maybe next year we'll hatch some bantams and barred rock babies.

Back
Top Bottom