calling for advice from bunny folks ...update wry neck:(

Glad she is feeling better with TLC and rest... I'd look around for a good bunny doc in the meantime, just in case she needs one - you'll then know exactly who to take her to. We found our vet off of the link above (some time ago) and had a good experience. Our house bunny is named Vivianna and may be a Netherland Dwarf / Mini-Rex mix. She was dumped in our woods and is so very social and sweet! Bosses the kitties around too - all 3 pounds of her.
wink.png
I was never really aware (personality/pet wise) of bunnies before she found us!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip...our vet has referred us to a small animal expert if I do need to take her. Crossing our fingers that all is on the recovery end for her though. Last week we put a large piece of very dense foam in the bottom of her cage and curved it at the sides so she has something to lean on. I am taking her out for short runs on the carpet two or three times a day and she is getting much stronger. Bunnies are so bottom heavy that when that hind area was weaker she really flopped about....really looked like things were not going to be good for her.
I`m going to keep her home from visiting school for a good two months regardless. She was so happy to see our granddaughter on the weekend....
bun.gif
yeah a kid! Followed her everywhere for the short time I let her out of her cage.
I agree dandelionheart....bunnies are so personable. We lost our 13 year old dog last month and she has just taken over our hearts. Even DH who really wondered about having a bunny for anything but dinner is in love with her:love

You should probably keep her home a couple of weeks just to be safe.

She is very adorable.

I had a rescue named Morgan. She broke two legs in an accident with a car. She was the sweetest bunny ever. Unfortunitely she passed away last week.

hit.gif

Well I thought our bunny was on the mend, improving daily... DH called me at work to say she was really starting to have trouble with balance in her cage again this morning. Picked her up and fortunately got in to see the vet today. Sad to find out she has wry neck. The vet has hit it pretty hard with steroids for antiinflammitory and antibiotics for the bacterial infection. Just have to cross our fingers....the vet said it is about 50/50 with bunnies as to recovery. I hope we are in the positive 50.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom