Calling MissPrissy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Katy, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

If you liked my one old bed that I've got in my flower bed....and I recall that you did.... you're gonna really like the one I got at a neighbors auction today!! The foot piece has the bottom of the legs, but the head piece is missing them.....but other than that it's in good shape.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Animallover606

Animallover606 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    ohh very nice

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    That is just perfect! I hope you are going to find a use for it in the house and not in another flower bed. LOL Sanded and painted it will be gorgeous. TLC makes many things better than new. Now I am jealous!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yes, I'm gonna try get it cleaned up so it'll be in the house. I've been thinking of trying to find someone who restores stuff like that and taking the one I've got in the flower bed and having it fixed. Since it was my hubby's great-grandparents it's a shame to keep letting it go downhill. I wish the folks when they threw it out would have put it in the barn and not out on the metal scrap heap....then it wouldn't have been half-rotted when I found it!!!

The best thing about my new bed is it only cost me $22.50!! I couldn't believe that I only had to give that for it. Another one that I have in an upstairs bedroom I had to give $125 for at another neighbor's sale.

5. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I love those beds, had one when growing up. My mom has it and another just sitting outside getting rusty...

6. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    lucky you! Enjoy..and yes--restore them...Dixie

7. Flyman39

Flyman39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    I would love to come and rummage through your yard katy. I see some old wash tubs and metal rockers. Wow you have some nice stuff.

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yes...other people's pieces of junk are my treasures!

9. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I agree, we need to go "help" you with the yard. [​IMG] Bed is beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by