Calls and Cayugas 2020

Pics
Meet Ginger
The chocolate dux I kept from Remis hatch.
20200724_134545(1).jpg
20200724_134527(1).jpg

:hugs Poor Incubator Baby :(
Yeah. I lost my entire incubator full.
A lot were clear.. only the one hatched on its own. The rest internally pipped but died without externally pipping. I wasn't home to do safety holes or assist.
I think I am just done incubating calls.
It's too frustrating. And why should I when the broodies do a much better job. Babies seem stronger too.

I am down to 16 calls.
4 drakes 12 ducks.
I sold a black bibb pair Shadow and Chloe. And all the ducklings besides Ginger.
I lost Daphne and Jane a few weeks ago.
Not sure what happened with Daphne, she got sick and died.
Jane, she just had a bad leg/hip or something. She just got to where she wouldn't walk. She drug herself around all the time and couldn't be with the other birds without getting hurt. I just decided to put her down. I felt her quality of life was not good and that she was in pain.

Yeah. I lost my entire incubator full.
A lot were clear.. only the one hatched on its own. The rest internally pipped but died without externally pipping. I wasn't home to do safety holes or assist.
I think I am just done incubating calls.
It's too frustrating. And why should I when the broodies do a much better job. Babies seem stronger too.
Well, that stinks.
So far, I'm agreeing with you. Of course, I don't have ducks and this is the very first broody hatch I've had of chicks, but they do seem stronger than incubator chicks. If things go well, from now on that's the route I'm taking. Broody does a very good job. I'll keep my incubator for an emergency, but I'm putting it in storage LOL

Back
Top Bottom