Camera or no camera?

Agree with @DobieLover, my chickens have no idea that I’m creepily watching them at night. I have 2 camera in the coop, 1 in the run, and 2 in the yards where they free range. I use WYZE cameras and like them.
We also use cameras in the coop and run, not only is it enjoyable to watch them(better than any TV show), you get to hear each "egg call" and you just laugh, very enjoyable screen time. I highly recommend.

I just got my wife one of those outdoor security cameras that uses Wi-Fi and has a solar panel. She has it mounted in the coop and it does switch to IR when it is dark. The chickens do seem to notice it momentarily while they roost, and in the morning when they are stirring before the coop door opens. My wife loves her camera! I ordered her a second one for the run. The one bad thing about the camera is that if you use it a lot at night you will drain the battery. My wife solved the problem by unplugging the solar panel and using a charger pack like you would use for your cell phone if you couldn't charge it in a regular charger. The camera I bought was designed as an outdoor security camera and wasn't intended for constant monitoring, so we are using it off label as it were. Here is an IR photo of Cluck Norris looking into the camera asking us to open the door!
luck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom