1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Camper coop is done, girls are moved in....Pic heavy

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WyoChickenMamma, Oct 9, 2011.

1. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    LOVE IT [​IMG] Love it, love it!!!!!
    Great job! Inspiratoin for my minivan coop [​IMG]

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    It looks great! My only (small) concern/question is: Is someone at home in the mornings? I'd just want to be sure that someone is around in case the door doesn't open for some reason, because that would leave them in there all day with no access to water/food. As long as someone's around for human door operation as backup, you're set. Good job!

3. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

4. juniorf150

juniorf150 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Eastanollee Ga
    that's going green its cool

5. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    wow looks so cool [​IMG]

6. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Way to reuse what is around! It looks great and the girls seem to love it [​IMG]

7. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    OMG!!!!!!!!! That is soooo cool. It is beautiful. Way to go and to recycle. You deserve a pat on the back and a standing ovation. [​IMG] I can tell you that you all put in some hard work and time and it shows. I love it ! [​IMG]

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]I love IT!!!!!!!!! Loved the colors you chose too!!!!

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    There is one major thing you need to take care of NOW.....is those lights clamps...you would need to really secure it because it doesnt take much for the chicken to do their thing, knocking it off. If you can, drive a nail or put some kind of hook to hang from that the lamp will not be knocked off. Chickens don't need that much heat or light, two lights on either end of the camper would suffice to see things around at night.

Other than that, its fabulous! Perfect for moving the trailer around the yard if you need to!

10. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

that is AWESOME!
    Im curious if you had the camper kickin around or if you purchased it- or even better maybe free on CL or something????

Great Job [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by