Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
..... So it rhymes with "brothel"?
tongue.png

gig.gif
Hey, just remember, slurry accents are relative. For that matter, so is the term "yankee," I'm sure you meant someone from the US, but it means something totally different to me! I'm a southerner and a yankee is an northerner, to us. I'm good with 'waffle' or 'brothel' in the absence of anything closer! At least I know how I think it is supposed to be said!

here some recent pics of my campine and one chaams (cockerel or pullet?? not sure yet)

this one has the best barring (in my opinion) on the chest, wings and tail

this is her sister, slightly heavier, more white on the chest and wings, plus no barring in the tail feathers

and this is their step brother/sister from the Chaams breed. the Chaams have orange eyes and more white in their plumage, plus they are more a meat bird than the Campine.

sadly this youngster has been struck by some kind of paralyses to the legs a day or 2 ago and is mostly laying down, having troubling walking, hope he/she makes. it doesn't seem to be Mareks from what I can find on the internet, don't know if coccidiosis can cause this...

What a merry christmas, one of my campines laid her very first egg yesterday.
It wasn't completely white yet (a light pink sheen) and weighed only 38 g, but still, the first Campine egg in the Campine region in half a century or more!

Her second weighed already 42 grams.
Anyone else out there with some egg statistics?

Back
Top Bottom