Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
I've been checking out the places they hang out. They are only within a chain-link fenced yard for about 4-5 hours a day and in a fenced/roofed with net run the rest of the time they are out.

That is a good idea, though. I'll watch them today while they are out and see if she moves away from the group.

Quote:
I got some eggs from Duane last summer, but the post office mishandled and scrambled them so none hatched. He was very very nice and didn't charge much for the eggs.

Quote:
I got some eggs from Duane last summer, but the post office mishandled and scrambled them so none hatched. He was very very nice and didn't charge much for the eggs.

I'm learning. I would have thought that someone with such an expansive catolog would be considered a "commercial hatchery," like Meyers or McMurray. As such, their breeding stock would have been marginal. I want to start raising golden campines, with the goal of someday showing them. I know nothing about Duane Urch, and it is not my intention to disparage him in any way. I just want the best breeder stock I can find to start my flock.

tongue.png
For those of you interested in a breeder that continually wins awards for their campines, try contacting Cathy Gleason from Texas; you can email her at [email protected]. I have another contact that I can try to reach that has information about 2 other good breeders; I believe that they are northeast of here (mid Tennessee). The names of the other two breeders are Lynn Shelbourne and Steve Gould; I have never contacted them personally and can try to get their email addresses; you may try googling their names and see what you can find. I have been in contact with Cathy Gleason numerous times and got some hatching eggs from her this past spring. She is going to make sure to get me some more to hatch out this next spring, but hopefully EARLY spring. I only had 2 that hatched out from her eggs, a hen and a roo; the eggs were shipped and held over at the post office around the Memorial Day holiday and it was already quite hot in Texas when they shipped out. Plus, the extra day or two the eggs were held over did not help things either. Like I said, we are going to give it another go this spring, only earlier. Right now, I have about 24-25 golden campines. Mine are quite tame and very curious.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Do the Tenessee breeders you mentioned have silvers also? I have two silver campine hens and would love to find a good rooster for them and possibly a few more hens. We got ours in a mix up but my wife fell in love with them and wants to raise them now.

smile.png
I am sorry, I meant that I am in middle Tennessee and I believe that these other 2 breeders are somewhere northeast of middle Tennessee. My contact is in Kentucky and I am thinking that Lynn Shelbourne is in Indiana or Illinois?--not sure and don't know about Steve Gould. I can try getting in touch with Darryl again, maybe tomorrow, and checking with him about contact info for these other two. I know for sure that Cathy Gleason has both golden and silver campines.
smile.png

big_smile.png
You are most welcome; I will try to get in touch with him, it may be a day or two before he can get back to me, he teaches school and is quite busy gearing up for the holidays. I have an outpatient surgery on Tuesday that will have me out of pocket for a few days, but I promise you I will not forget to follow up, ok?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom