Campine Roo? (2 Pic's)

I will send pic to the hatchery, good idea. What do you mean by a "hatchery" campine?

I just looked up my ? and found out what hatchery means as a verb. Pet quality. That's fine for now because they are the children's (mine too) pets which will produce eggs and provide a great deal of entertainment!! Thanks for all the help, I will be interested to see what they will turn out to be!

Last edited:
Hmmm. True (blue legs). Some EE's look a lot like Campines (and to a similar extent Welsummers), so who knows. My Campine has been obvious from the start with the leopard spots on her back as a baby chick. She's getting really pretty at 5 weeks.

I don't see any puffy cheeks... Looks most like a campine to me. Also, don't see why you are calling it a roo. Looks like it's still a girl to me...

Yikes, it looks like a girl to you? I was assuming since it was the only oddball that it was the free mystery rooster they added to my order! I bought 5 pairs of different breeds and then the mystery chick which they said would be a rooster of exotic and rare breed of their choice.
hu.gif
This is my first batch of chicks, so I admit I know nothing, but the other chicks look like the baby chicks from their catalog that I ordered from.

Quote:
Actually they didn't say it was a rooster. I got a "free" chick which was told would be a rooster but they don't keep record of what they send. All the other chicks I ordered were pairs and then I got these three that look a lot alike and I so am assuming ONE of them is a rooster. I thought it was my first picture because "Edward" looked so different. I will post another updated picture and see if anyone has any good comments about the sexes of any of those three. They sure are beauties no matter what their sex is or isn't.
smile.png
So interesting and fun!

Back
Top Bottom