Can’t figure out what’s wrong with my Speckled Sussex

Hi thanks for the reply. I can get photos tomorrow. This morning her droppings seems normal color/texture with the little white caps. She is around 24 weeks and I believe she was almost 4 months when I got her. I do not believe she was vaccinated but I’m not positive. I was doing the dosage in her water then tried the corid drench but reading it again I may have not done enough. Maybe I should try that more. I have been adding electrolytes and/poultry cell. I have a mixed flock and feel the flock raiser crumbles oyster shell separate. She has not started laying yet.
What dosage of Corid did you give? Did you give vitamins/electrolytes, etc. while giving the Corid?
Have you checked her realllllly well for any injuries or wounds that may be hidden underneath her feathers? Moved her wings/joints, etc to see if she indicates that is painful?

Do y’all think maybe she is egg bound? Or maybe it is just her getting ready to lay for the first time? Could she possibly becoming broody? I know that sounds weird but since you have a rooster and she is old enough...???
A rooster has nothing to do with a pullet or hen going broody.

Have you checked her realllllly well for any injuries or wounds that may be hidden underneath her feathers? Moved her wings/joints, etc to see if she indicates that is painful?

Well he sure as heck would have something to do with her being fertile and laying the eggs. I do know that. I was throwing several ideas out at once. We don’t have any real other info at the time.

A rooster has nothing to do with a pullet or hen going broody.

Well he sure as heck would have something to do with her being fertile and laying the eggs. I do know that. I was throwing several ideas out at once. We don’t have any real other info at the time.
A rooster would have something to do with contributing to the fertilization of eggs.
Not the laying part and not being broody. Many hens have never seen a rooster in their life but go broody and boy they sure can churn out the eggs.

I understand you were throwing out ideas which is great, nothing wrong with that!

Just trying to catch some things that may be misunderstood and as time goes by those things keep getting passed on to others. There are plenty of myths out there having to do with hens and roosters alike - a couple of common ones: a rooster can make a hen go broody/a hen won't go broody without a rooster and a rooster is needed in order for a hen to lay eggs - none of these myths are true of course.

A rooster would have something to do with contributing to the fertilization of eggs.
Not the laying part and not being broody. Many hens have never seen a rooster in their life but go broody and boy they sure can churn out the eggs.

I understand you were throwing out ideas which is great, nothing wrong with that!

Just trying to catch some things that may be misunderstood and as time goes by those things keep getting passed on to others. There are plenty of myths out there having to do with hens and roosters alike - a couple of common ones: a rooster can make a hen go broody/a hen won't go broody without a rooster and a rooster is needed in order for a hen to lay eggs - none of these myths are true of course.
Well said. I am definitely new to BYC but not new to chickens or Veterinarian medicine or plain Ole birds and the bees but I don’t have a lot of time and you never know who knows what or doesn’t know diddly on here which is obvious. You can’t tell a knowledgeable base by their join date or the age of their flock just like whether a hen is broody due to a plethora of reasons or just because she woke up on the wrong size of the roost one morning - they make about as much sense sometimes.

Thanks for the replies. So after a full day of free ranging, foraging and drinking she seemed a little better last night and actually went to the roost. Then this morning her left eye is closed! I know this means respiratory usually but she has no signs otherwise and her little nasal cavity actually looks sunken vs swollen. Should I start treating for respiratory?

Thanks for the replies. So after a full day of free ranging, foraging and drinking she seemed a little better last night and actually went to the roost. Then this morning her left eye is closed! I know this means respiratory usually but she has no signs otherwise and her little nasal cavity actually looks sunken vs swollen. Should I start treating for respiratory?
Can you get some more photos of her - face/eyes and whole body?
Do you know if she was vaccinated for Marek's?

Can you get some more photos of her - face/eyes and whole body?
Do you know if she was vaccinated for Marek's?
I will get pictures ASAP as soon as I get back home. I’m unclear if she is honestly, the man I got her from made it sound as if his chickens where vaccinated but someone else that bought from him said she found out they weren’t. Kind of sketchy so I would lean towards no 😏

I will get pictures ASAP as soon as I get back home. I’m unclear if she is honestly, the man I got her from made it sound as if his chickens where vaccinated but someone else that bought from him said she found out they weren’t. Kind of sketchy so I would lean towards no 😏
Most private or backyard breeders don't vaccinate.

Here are the pics

Attachments

• 0E932193-A623-4D0A-815D-42FF45D0C2E0.jpeg
    0E932193-A623-4D0A-815D-42FF45D0C2E0.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 3
  • A5F52B1E-9020-4D27-AE53-1C41213CAD4A.jpeg
    A5F52B1E-9020-4D27-AE53-1C41213CAD4A.jpeg
    798.6 KB · Views: 3
  • EAA273C7-5AD5-4401-A37E-2FA87C2F6177.jpeg
    EAA273C7-5AD5-4401-A37E-2FA87C2F6177.jpeg
    789.8 KB · Views: 3
  • BAFDDE2D-3940-416C-A70B-74FD6FAA9B54.jpeg