can a 2 month old goose kill a chicken of the same age?

mkeith93

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2016
HELP. I went outside to stop all of my babies up and when I went to my chicken coop to put up my showgirls. I realized I was missing one. I looked high and low for her. Literally searched everywhere.. No luck a few days later when I went out to the goose pen to change their pool water I noticed her she was laying in the far corner of the pen. I couldn't really tell what killed her. She looked a little flat. But she had been missing for days. I have noticed before when I let everyone out to free range my geese sortof run my chickens off and really don't want anything to do with them. the pull on their feathers and push them away from feed/water. I'm just curious as to if anyone has ever had this happen before? Or any type of serious aggression from their goose to chickens/ducks?

It is possible. I am new to raising geese, mine are 2 months old. When I was feeding them lettuce yesterday I got bit rather hard, but not on purpose.They love their lettuce. They already look close the size of an adult. I have raised the chicks and geese in different areas, but later plan to allow them to free range together. As I have read that is possible. But had read to rear them in different cages until they got older. I have had chickens before. Hopes this helps, sorry for your loss.

Yes, geese can kill other birds. My gander killed one of my duck hens once but, a two month old gosling killing a chicken seems unlikely unless the chicken was showing a lot of aggression towards the gosling. Sorry for your loss.:(

Back
Top Bottom