Can a cockeral be at the bottomof the pecking order?Is Hawkeye a roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by True Grit, Jul 3, 2010.

1. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my 6 week old EE who has curly toes and has always been a "loner" so I figured she was at the bottom of the order. I have never seen a lot of pecking going on, mind you, and everyone seems to get along well. She is the only one who has a little pink to her comb and she is the biggest but not by much. She is the shyest of the flock. Hope this pic loads.[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I vote lady chicken.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Still looks girly to me too. Roos are usually more friendly and outgoing than pullets when they are young.

4. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I say female...just cuz her toes are curled does not mean she's a he. I see nothing that makes me think otherwise........she'll be laying eggs soon enough [​IMG]

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

She looks girly to me.

6. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    thats for sure a female

7. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Pullet

8. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay! Thanks! I think I'm five girls out of five then:celebrate

9. willowtreeaviary

willowtreeaviary Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2010
    Quote:That's very true! I started with five boys, and they were each friendly. One of them (the Black Orpington) actually curled up beside me under the blanket and slept there alongside me as I did so, too, the entire night through! I was disappointed when they became more and more aggressive as they matured. Eventually, I gave away four of them and kept only the Black and Gold Ameraucana, who was and has remained placid. Birds, like anybody, are funny.

10. larryp

larryp Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2010
    pullet, her toes are crooked because she had a hard time hatching, stayed in shell too long.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by