Can a horse be dewormed after one month?

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
Jun 3, 2019
Soooo I deworm on a six month basis as I’ve never struggled with worms with my horse. HOWEVER, he’s being moved to my college facility next week and the manager has just now decided to email me saying that he needs to be dewormed within four weeks prior to his arrival on the 16th of this month. Ahahah. He got dewormed on the fifth of last month so I’m just out of the time frame. Is it safe for him to get another dose just after a month? This doesn’t seem like one of the facilities to let stuff like that slide (they’re very picky and peculiar on stuff like that), so I need proof that he’s been dewormed within the time frame.

So do it!
What parasites are they targeting? What products have you used, and what do they want you to use? If they are trying to keep their property as clean as possible, it all makes sense.
Talk to your veterinarian, and the one they use.
Mary

It won’t harm to worm again but as already said what are they targeting?

I personally only worm if a worm egg count comes back high or a tapeworm saliva test comes back as it being needed. I’ve not wormed for 18 months as all tests have come back as it not being required. I feel I’m doing my bit towards the worm resistance by testing rather than routinely treating. I test 4 times per day.

Back
Top Bottom