Can a lone chick survive? Update ! (on OP )

giasmom

Songster
10 Years
Mar 31, 2009
Woodville, Al
Only one of my 9 eggs made it out alive, well 2 did but had to cull 1 earlier. So, since my other chicks are 2 & 3 weeks older than the lone ranger I'm left with, can it make it with no siblings? Right now it is sleeping in my lap on a piece of a pillow case all bundled up. Its been peeping really loud like it was lonesome. When I picked it up it quit. It seems healthy enough. Will it be able to learn the things it needs to know till it gets old enough to move in with the others? If this keeps up it will be spoiled rotten, as long as it can survive.

Picked up a silkie cochin? today at the swap that is older than my chick but about the same size.Put them together & they both are so happy now ! Very content !

Last edited:
Well its not the only one I have. Its just the only one from this hatch & only one this young. I also have guineas due in 6 days, will it be okay by its self till they hatch, then I can put it in with them? I'm not working right now so I'm only gone a couple hours a day. I will be able to give it alot of attention if it can physically survive on its own.

Last edited:
I had a single egg hatch 1 time and my poor chick peeped and peeped and it was soooo loud that we couldn't sleep!
roll.png
So I gave it a small stuffed animal and the little cutie snuggled up with it and it quieted down! It was amazing!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom