Can a nerve problem cause a rash?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
My DH has a bad shoulder with nerve impingement. Yesterday he developed a strange, raised rash on that shoulder and a little of it under his neck.

We can't figure out anything he could have been bit by; it's cold here and no pests. He hasn't used anything different hygiene products, eaten any different foods, nothing.

Wondering if it may have come from the shoulder that's bothering him with the cold weather.
idunno.gif

Shingles is nerve-related and causes a rash, so I would think it's possible. But then again, that's a virus that travels along nerves, I think....? Either way, I hope he feels better soon.

My daughter breaks out all the time with raised rashes that itch. I am taking her to a dermatologist. But, if she gets upset, she will break out in a rash, or if she gets scared or nervous.

If it's shingles, he will know it!! Those cause horrible pain.

Last edited:
Absolutely!!!!

I just think about my mother and my eczema starts ichin'.

But really shingles is a nerve rash. Might want to get that checked.

Thanks y'all, but I don't think it's shingles. This rash isn't painful. The shoulder is bothering him, but not in the same location as the rash. It's also not very itchy, according to him.

Putting cortisone 10 on it, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

It would cause shingles for me! Even I was young, got it full blast on the upper side of the eye and back into the scalp. Painful! It started off with a mild itch, rash and then three days later, it got pimply and more red and then blam, full blown shingles.

Huh. The rash started yesterday, so we'll have to see how he feels tomorrow.

He's coming down with the annual all-officers-must-get-this flu, so hopefully he won't be sick with something else on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom