Can an Ayam Cemani have a white tongue and still be worth alot of $$$?

I would absolutely adore having an Ayam Cemani, white tongue or not. And I would be willing to pay some good money for it. However, breeders probably wouldn't want it.

Best of luck!
smile.png

I don't know how to ask this nicely, but are you interested in improving the breed at all, or are you just looking for a quick buck? If you want to improve the breed, she shouldn't be breeding stock. If you're just wanting to run a quick chick mill, sounds like you're set.
Yeah... I kinda have to agree here... I don't want to be rude, but the Ayam Cemani is a super rare breed that is difficult to perfect. Quality breeders have worked very hard, breeding only the best body types and the blackest of the black to get a totally black bird, even its insides.That is what makes an Ayam Cemani, an Ayam Cemani... If it were a more common breed, I'd say go ahead. But I don't think I could breed poor quality Cemani's in clear conscience, knowing their rarity...

Last edited:
And to answer your question, I don't think you'll get nearly as much money for them. People pay big money for chicks with solid black parents, just for a chance at a solid black chick. If your breeders aren't solid black, people won't pay nearly as much for them, because people want Ayam Cemanis specifically to have a solid black bird.

And to answer your question, I don't think you'll get nearly as much money for them. People pay big money for chicks with solid black parents, just for a chance at a solid black chick. If your breeders aren't solid black, people won't pay nearly as much for them, because people want Ayam Cemanis specifically to have a solid black bird. 

I bought a Ayam Cerami chick CULL for 5$ only because she has a single white toe nail. I bought her because I wanted yard candy that's it. No one will pay big bucks for less than perfect birds with the actual GOOD breeders dumping culls for pennies.

I bought a Ayam Cerami chick CULL for 5$ only because she has a single white toe nail. I bought her because I wanted yard candy that's it. No one will pay big bucks for less than perfect birds with the actual GOOD breeders dumping culls for pennies.
Yep! Cemani's are so expensive because of their color, and how difficult it is to maintain that color. In Indonesia, their totally black flesh is thought to have magical healing powers. If they're not totally black (skin, feathers, eyes, muscle, and bone), they're just a plain ol' black chicken.

Back
Top Bottom