Can any one help me please

willl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 21, 2013
Can any one please help me my baby duckling she will not eat starter crumb or any kind of crumb with or without water, what other main feed can I give her. And can any one tell me where I can Get Niacin and what MG I need as she needs it and I just can't get it Thanks

Can any one please help me my baby duckling she will not eat starter crumb or any kind of crumb with or without water, what other main feed can I give her. And can any one tell me where I can Get Niacin and what MG I need as she needs it and I just can't get it Thanks
Are you feeding her anything other than her starter feed? sometimes they get a liking for something and don't want to eat their feed, and you can buy Niacin "plain" at any pharmacy. Walmart , grocery store that has a pharmacy. ask for it though because they usually have it behind the counter. start with 150 megs to 1 gallon of water. How old is your baby duckling/

I think I answered this on another thread, but am not sure. Sometimes my replies get lost. Please let us know how it's going, and if you are posting on another thread (that's good, I would like to follow that).

Hi my baby duck is 6 weeks old, she is waiting for an operation on her leg because she broke it, but waiting for her to get stronger, she is half the size of her sisters, they need to break and reset her leg (bless her) she is eating meal worms, flys, peas, and soaked bread, I've tryed a few chemists down here for Niacin but no one seems to have any. Thanks

Hi my baby duck is 6 weeks old, she is waiting for an operation on her leg because she broke it, but waiting for her to get stronger, she is half the size of her sisters, they need to break and reset her leg (bless her) she is eating meal worms, flys, peas, and soaked bread, I've tryed a few chemists down here for Niacin but no one seems to have any. Thanks
Bless her heart, and sounds like your in a country other than the USA saying chemist, but I don't understand why they can't get the niacin for you, what about brewers yeast? not baking yeast but BY you can sprinkle it on top of her food, and about her feed, have you tried mixing all of the things she will eat into a very small amt of feed using some warm water to make a mash? if you gradually mix her favs into feed and very slowly use less and less of her favs eventually she'll be eating her feed, but you have to do it slowly. to fool her. the meal worms is good protein, the peas have some niacin in them the flies[
sickbyc.gif
] have protein the bread carbs which isn't the best to feed but for now just add it all to her feed and then see how she does. Are you also giving her vitamins of some kind?

Hi what vitamins can I give her, I do mash and wet everything she has,she is just so fussy bless her.

Here, there is a vitamin for babies and small children called poly-vi-sol, without iron. And you can put a little of that in the mashed feed.

Cucumber has some good vitamins in it, you could chop that up finely.

Leafy greens, chopped up have vitamins.

I am trying to think of things that might be in an area without the huge stores most of us have fairly close by.

Sprouted grains have good nutrients in them.

Back
Top Bottom