can anybody help me choose a breed?

Quote:
I dont know which im getting, im buying them as eggs so i wont know until they are born, im incubating them

Well out of the ones you listed, I like the Indian runner and Cayuga best because of how they look. I'm partial to black colored birds and the runner body type. I've never had Cayugas, but I love my runners. The first pair I had are very friendly, and I think that's because they were the only ones.

I have call ducks and they are lovely and as they are small not too messy - but even then you will have to change the water in the pool often as they make it sooo dirty really quickly. I have to say they are actually very messey and the place ges very muddy with them, does it have to be ducks? hens are so much easier. I also have muscovys which are even messeir

Quote:
yeah i like how runners look too, somebody said that their runners were not too friendly, maybe thats because they bought them as ducklings whereas im going to be hatching mine so they will get used to me early

Quote:
i might add call ducks to my list, the only problem being that ive heard they are really really loud which isnt ideal, obviously i dont expect and dont want my ducks to be super quiet but i cant have a breed that are mega loud especially if they are loud at night because i dont think my neighbours would be too happy lol, are call ducks reeeealy loud or are they OK, or could i train them not to make too much noise at night?

Quote:
no i dont really know much about those, ive seen them on ebay though (thats where i will be buying the eggs from to incubate), what are they like? do they fly? are they loud? are they big? do they need a pond or just water?

i really need to decide on a breed before thursday, somebody suggested getting different breeds but on ebay the eggs are in batches of 6 of the same bread, and if i have 6 eggs of the same breed the fertility rate % would increase wouldnt it?

Back
Top Bottom