Can anyone figure out the gender and breed of this chick?

Noahryguy

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2019
68D3671A-DD18-423E-BBA4-D39A65EF79FA.jpeg
9EB68CDB-9772-4CD4-86C3-65A37D3AB323.jpeg
956F52AA-940A-4694-B544-84A9F193DC9E.jpeg
Hello, I have one chick that is 8 weeks old I think is a New Hampshire Red but I can’t tell for sure, I also was wondering if anyone could figure out his/her gender. Here are some pictures of her.

Where did you get it? Looks like offspring from a red sex link cross, which are not sexable at hatch.
I got it as an egg from a farm that my friend knows, and I am starting to think it is a Golden Comet which is a sex link breed. Thank you for your help.

I got it as an egg from a farm that my friend knows, and I am starting to think it is a Golden Comet which is a sex link breed. Thank you for your help.
Sex linking is a first generation thing....this bird could be second generation cross or simply a mix that mimics the color of red sex links. Not a first generation sex link as this is a cockerel

I meant it looks like someone crossed a red sex link with another red sex link, possibly thinking they would get more sex links. The cross only works for the first generation. Subsequent generations cannot be sexed by down color.

I meant it looks like someone crossed a red sex link with another red sex link, possibly thinking they would get more sex links. The cross only works for the first generation. Subsequent generations cannot be sexed by down color.
Oh, ok I did some research on sex links and now I understand what you were saying, sorry for such a late response I have had a really busy week.

Back
Top Bottom