1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can anyone give me help regarding a chicken costume???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bkreugar, Sep 25, 2010.

1. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    Okay so every fall my DD and I really get into the "costume" class at several fall horse shows and the fall parade. I take it seriously, and go all out.

I ride a 15.1h pintabian (pinto/arab) who will put up with ANYTHING. Last year we did a Hawwian theme and my girl wore grass skirt around all 4 legs and a faux coconut bra and sunglasses and I wore loud shirt and leighs and grass skirt also. We won ALL the judged classes and best costume at the parade.

So this year I am going to be a chicken and my mare an egg. She is grey and white and i will pull that off with painted cardboard (did I mention she will put up with anything?)

So here is my problem, I have bid on several new and used chicken costumes on ebay. I am always getting outbid as my maxx is $75! I checked the local halloween store and they were 150.00 for the full chicken costume. We called the local costume rental places and they had no chicken costumes at all. A few had chick costumes.

So before I bite the bullet and shell out over 100.00 for one on ebay, does anyone have any suggestions? Places I may have overlooked?
    TIA and sorry if this is in the wrong place.

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    If you are handy with sewing, there are patterns for chicken costumes. Other than that, I have no clue but what I really want to know is

where are the pictures of the hawaiian horse? [​IMG] She sounds like an angel

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  3. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I made my duck costume with a hoodie and feather boas! I also made my son a bird one year he wore yellow rubber gloves on his feet for bird feet!
    I made a beak for my duck outfit out of craft foam! I'm sure you can craft a great costume and it would cost only a few bucks! Not the best pic but you can get an idea!
    In this pic I was a wanted duck, and my husband was the duck squad! My son was the headless horseman! You can always be a just hatched chick with the horse being the egg!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  4. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by