1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can Anyone Help Us? Must Leave Farm in Iowa

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Ma, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Ma

Ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Camanche, Iowa
    We must leave our farm in Iowa, and I am in desperate need of a home for my 7 hens and 1 rooster. Free to good home, and all supplies will go with. (Feeders, waterers, etc.)

Please is there any help out there? We are obviously devastated. Finding a placement would be an answer to one of our (many) prayers.

Thanks for reading and listening. I love this board and the people, although I don't post often, I am here and have listened to great advice, laughed at your stories and cried with your losses.

Ma

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Awww...so sorry to hear you have to give up your babies. No chance of taking them with? Id take them, but Im way over in Florida. Hopefully someone here lives closer and can take them.

Hugs!!

3. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    I think you need to change the title and put Iowa in it. That way maybe you will get someone close.
    I'm so sorry you have to rehome your birds. I hope it's not due to the flooding.

Wishing you the best.
    Jacie

4. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Sorry about y'all having to move and getting rid of your chickens. You might get more replies in chicks and chickens section.

5. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    You are 3 hours away from me or I would take them. Are you flooded out?

6. pattee

pattee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    sounds like your having tough decisions and I'm sorry...
    I live way live in Washington state... so no [​IMG]

7. Ma

Ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Camanche, Iowa
    Ang.....I sent you a PM.

We are willing to bring them to you, within reasonable driving distance, for anyone else who may be able to help.

And yes, sadly, the flooding is the problem. We are going to live with friends in Wisconsin.

8. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Oh I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I flew over St. Louis years ago after the flood. I'm to far away to help other than love and prayers. I wish you well.

9. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    what are their breeds?

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    :eek:
    If you need someone to take care of them for a certain time I can see if I can help - I'm in Nebraska, I'm not sure how far from you - I'm smack in the center.

The rooster might be a problem - I have a little bantam rooster.....
    I do have a very small shed, right next to my coop - which could be used in a pinch, Its going to be a home for my ducks....... (getting hatchling eggs)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by