Can Anyone Help Us? Must Leave Farm in Iowa

Ma

Songster
12 Years
Aug 10, 2007
Camanche, Iowa
We must leave our farm in Iowa, and I am in desperate need of a home for my 7 hens and 1 rooster. Free to good home, and all supplies will go with. (Feeders, waterers, etc.)

Please is there any help out there? We are obviously devastated. Finding a placement would be an answer to one of our (many) prayers.

Thanks for reading and listening. I love this board and the people, although I don't post often, I am here and have listened to great advice, laughed at your stories and cried with your losses.

Ma

Last edited:
Awww...so sorry to hear you have to give up your babies. No chance of taking them with? Id take them, but Im way over in Florida. Hopefully someone here lives closer and can take them.

Hugs!!

I think you need to change the title and put Iowa in it. That way maybe you will get someone close.
I'm so sorry you have to rehome your birds. I hope it's not due to the flooding.

Wishing you the best.
Jacie

sounds like your having tough decisions and I'm sorry...
I live way live in Washington state... so no
idunno.gif

Ang.....I sent you a PM.

We are willing to bring them to you, within reasonable driving distance, for anyone else who may be able to help.

And yes, sadly, the flooding is the problem. We are going to live with friends in Wisconsin.

Oh I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I flew over St. Louis years ago after the flood. I'm to far away to help other than love and prayers. I wish you well.

:eek:
If you need someone to take care of them for a certain time I can see if I can help - I'm in Nebraska, I'm not sure how far from you - I'm smack in the center.

The rooster might be a problem - I have a little bantam rooster.....
I do have a very small shed, right next to my coop - which could be used in a pinch, Its going to be a home for my ducks....... (getting hatchling eggs)

Back
Top Bottom