Can anyone ID my predator?

Andyjohn

Chirping
Aug 3, 2023
Central Georgia
Hi gang. So a couple weeks ago something nabbed my silky rooster in the middle of the day from inside the coop. It left a turd like the one in the photo.

Today (in broad daylight) something went inside and pooped in my coop. What is this? Not a cat I’m thinking

Attachments

• E83AA478-8237-4374-9B90-3342269C0285.jpeg
    E83AA478-8237-4374-9B90-3342269C0285.jpeg
    814.6 KB · Views: 25
  • F3D7768B-59CC-44F1-BDCD-3179458F96EB.jpeg
    F3D7768B-59CC-44F1-BDCD-3179458F96EB.jpeg
    714.5 KB · Views: 12
Did your rooster disappear without a trace? Or were there feathers, blood or any other evidence? Was anyone home at the time to hear or raise a ruckus? Do you have dogs that might have raised an alarm? What kinds of predators do you have in the area? Have you lost birds to predators before? Do you have neighbors that might have a grudge against you? Was this a special rooster in any way?

Did your rooster disappear without a trace? Or were there feathers, blood or any other evidence? Was anyone home at the time to hear or raise a ruckus? Do you have dogs that might have raised an alarm? What kinds of predators do you have in the area? Have you lost birds to predators before? Do you have neighbors that might have a grudge against you? Was this a special rooster in any way?
I’m just trying to ID the poop. If we know what the poop is we know what got them. My neighbor didn’t poop in the coop lol

I f you know what predators you have, does help some. Could be coon, bird of prey, looks abit small for dog but maybe? Did you look into the poop see if ahad any seeds, undigested parts in it? Also knowing if there was feathers or parts of the bird left behind is a clue. your coop, how did the predator get in,fly in, climb . dig or do you know?
Put a game camera out
good luck

Back
Top Bottom