Can Anyone Identify the Breed of this Hen? Added picture.

bremat

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 7, 2009
KY
Any ideas on what this sweet little hen could be? She is quite small and lays small, very pale off white colored eggs. She is between 9 to 10 months old, I think. Thank you!

30566_100_2447.jpg

Last edited:
AW! She's darn cute! I was expecting a fat layer, but was surprised by a precious banty! I think it's Old English with a high set, whipped tail (a defect in OE). Whatever she is, she's darn cute.

Looks more like an OEGB to me. A shot of her standing up would help.
Never heard of a Japanese Fantail??

Aw, thank you for the compliments and opinions! We have 2 of these little hens. Someone gave them to us. They had quite a few more, but the people that had them had dogs and the chickens kept escaping from the tall fencing and, well I am sure you can guess the rest, so they decided to give these away before the same thing happened to them. And I am so glad, because my little girl loves these hens. She carries them and babies them. They even sit in her lap like little kittens. They are just precious. Here is another picture that might help. Thanks again!
30566_100_2444.jpg

She looks a lot like my tiny OEGB. Our little girl came as a freebie with a shipment of Serama eggs-she was marked OEGB x Frizzle. My kids were so happy to think they'd have a frizzle-y chick-but she has nary a frizzle feather!

Your little hen is so adorable. There is just something about those little birds isn't there?

Back
Top Bottom