Can anyone in CT adopt a male Pekin?

nieceharr

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 25, 2008
Connecticut
Hi. A good friend of mine rescued a beautiful full-grown male Pekin from a meat auction
sad.png

I had told her that I would take in another female but no more males, as I have 5 females and 2 males already. She doesn't know much about ducks and was told by someone from the Dept of Agriculture at the meat auction that he was female!

My females are all Runners. He is way too big for them and I'm afraid that he will hurt (or kill) them. All he did was chase them around to mate. When one of my females started hiding from him, I decided that enough is enough and I had to put him in confinement, which is not fair to him.

He is a really nice duck; I just have too many males for the amount of females I have. I want him to go to a home, as he has already been rescued once. He will eat out of my hand.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Have you tried posting on your state's thread? Might give you a better pool of locals. Also, I think you could post in the auction area. Check out their rules, but I think I have seen give aways there before. Good luck, he sounds nice.
smile.png

Any luck with that Pekin yet? I am going to be looking for homes for my WH drakes in a couple of months just wanted to see how this worked out for you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom