Can anyone make heads or tails of their City's Municode site?

With the HOA, they are kind of a joke. Its a master association for umpteen developments and commercial lots within the City (Winston Park). The docs are from 1987 and specifically read NO CHAIN LINK FENCES but every house has chain link fence. We applied for a PVC fence and were denied because they said years back an off record meeting opted for only chain link fences and it was then recorded but bylaws not amended. The language on animals reads that they can adopt from time to time new rules and regulations.
I'm more worried about the City. Really, everyone thanks for chiming in. Feeling better about moving forward with my flock :)

I'm gonna say without an acre or more you will not be allowed any.
HOAs are always a pain in the @SS also. Even when they let other things slide and seem not to involved it always seems they are against chickens and enforce that.
With HOAs and city/county codes they are always worded so it is how interpreted.
That way they can twist everything in their favor when need be.

I agree, it is a lose/lose situation because they can totally twist the wording to support their views.
However, with that said - I am leaning towards ducks now because I read they are quieter and my coop would be hidden by a storage shed. My fence is covered with hedges (8ft plus).

I agree, it is a lose/lose situation because they can totally twist the wording to support their views.
However, with that said - I am leaning towards ducks now because I read they are quieter and my coop would be hidden by a storage shed. My fence is covered with hedges (8ft plus).

Ducks "can" be quieter, but they can be loud too, and they can get very messy. I'd suggest a few bantam chickens. Even when they are loud, its not as much volume and "robust-ness" for lack of a better word. I have one large fowl rooster that is so much louder than my 20+ bantam roosters.

Back
Top Bottom